HK Thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: HK Thread

Post by David »

Got the enhanced mag release installed this evening. Works great and it's a great and simple mod that makes sense. :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ender

Post by Ender »

This is my kind of thread :mrgreen:

There seems to be a little love for the stainless slide here.

I have resorted to retail therapy to help get me through this pandemic :)
Attachments
USPc9.jpg
USPc9.jpg (227.58 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well you'll instantly be Bob's buddy, he's all about a SS slide HK! :mrgreen:

Looks like I have an Outlaw match on Wednesday so I plan on running the USPc in 40 S&W. Looking forward to it.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ender

Post by Ender »

I need to find some Outlaw type matches around here. I'm not a .40 guy, but did just buy my first this week. It's an HK International Training Division USPc40 with the mirror slide finish. Probably only 400 made and was offered to the students at the time.

Here it is with the 50th anniversary USPc45 with the same finish. Both are unfired and have the presentation wood case with challenge coin :D
Attachments
USPc_ITD.jpg
USPc_ITD.jpg (147.63 KiB) Viewed 2969 times
USPc_Pair.jpg
USPc_Pair.jpg (238.61 KiB) Viewed 2969 times
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Wow, those are very sharp looking.

The Outlaw match is about an hour away but it's nice to go to every now and again. Particularly now that my son has just gotten his CCW. So this will be a nice training session for him with things you can't do at a static range.

I think the USPc will do just fine and it will be a chance to run it through it's paces.

As far as 40 S&W, I've always like the caliber. From my research I don't find one service caliber head-n-shoulders above another service caliber. They're all about the same as far as terminal ballistics. In modern ammunition the all have good penetration and expansion characteristics. So I like 40 S&W simply as a preference, not necessarily because I think it's better than 9mm or 45acp or 357sig.

But in the woods I do find a 180 grain bullet comforting. Also feel pretty good about a 230 grain 45acp.

Ender

Post by Ender »

Thanks David, I don't hate on the .40 ever - just never wanted to stock pile yet another caliber and I'll never shoot this one anyway.

Is the CCW a prerequisite to participate in an Outlaw match? In Michigan, open carry is legal so I wouldn't think it would be an issue here. My 15 year old has been shooting my pistols at state run (DNR) ranges since he was 7. I do wish he was as interested in my hobbies as yours is. I'm sure it will be cool again when his buddies get into it </headshake>
Ender

Post by Ender »

Oh, in the woods - I just hang out with slower friends. :D
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ender wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:31 pm Is the CCW a prerequisite to participate in an Outlaw match?
No CCW required to participate in matches.

Florida is a concealed carry by permit state. I would prefer Constitutional Carry because I don't think we should be paying for a Constitutional right. It's going to take a class action lawsuit in all likelihood to move us to that. The 'mouse' owns a lot of the State's politicians and the 'mouse' doesn't want people carrying guns. But a class action suit, like what was done with handicap placards would probably change the process.

You can open carry in Florida when you are traveling to, from or engaged in hunting, camping, fishing and such activities. I would prefer Florida to be both open and concealed at the owners discretion.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ender

Post by Ender »

I like the Solum stuff. I have a few of these blingy extensions for my P2000sk. This doesn't get me more capacity, but it does allow me to get my pinky on something. For more capacity, I'd normally go with P30 mags and the x-grip.

In the above example, I'd like to get some feedback on those springs they are shipping with it.

Here's some bling
Attachments
p2000sk_solum.jpg
p2000sk_solum.jpg (244.83 KiB) Viewed 2961 times