HK Thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: HK Thread

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:59 pm Saw an HK P2000sk for a good price. Must be strong!!!

I'm holding out for a USP Compact with a Stainless slide. Those are pure gun sex!
How much was the P2000sk?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

@Dave Please adopt me lol. Seriously though I agree with you about buying them and trying to find good deals. I am patiently waiting to see if I can find a good deal on a 9mm USPc. I am still researching the different variants on some of the pistols. I am also going to my local to see what they have so I can feel them before I just up and buy one. I have felt the USPc in 40 that a friend owned however I did not get to shoot it. Time will tell.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

~$650 for the subk
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Horskinator wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:36 pm @Dave Please adopt me lol. Seriously though I agree with you about buying them and trying to find good deals. I am patiently waiting to see if I can find a good deal on a 9mm USPc. I am still researching the different variants on some of the pistols. I am also going to my local to see what they have so I can feel them before I just up and buy one. I have felt the USPc in 40 that a friend owned however I did not get to shoot it. Time will tell.
Some of the deals I've gotten over the last few years were jaw dropping.
  • Over a series of horse trading I turned a $267 HiPoint 4095TS into my Glock 22.4 with TFO night sights, 9mm conversion barrel (that goes for $225 by itself) and multiple G22 and G17 mags. In between was a Sig and an HK VP9.
  • New/unfired Glock 19.5 for $350
  • New/unfired Sig P365 for $350
I could go on and on with trading a Ruger LC9s with some extras for an HK or a S&W 380 BG and some extras for an HK or buying a Sig P226 Equinox and flipping it for a big profit. I've had fun and tried a lot of different platforms along the way.

Now I''m pretty set in what I have. I'm all Glock and HK with the exception of the one Sig P365. This doesn't count the pistols for the wife/son which are Sig, S&W and Ruger. Now I'm looking to just add stuff like conversion barrels and such to the various packages. Although my interest has been piqued in a possible G21/20 set up. And I probably wouldn't turn down a good deal on an HK in 45acp if I saw one.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Just watched John Wick. I need an HK P30 now...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:20 pm Just watched John Wick. I need an HK P30 now...
I believe he uses a P30L.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well I ordered an OWB holster off Ebay this morning for the USPc. Same type I typically use for all my carry pistols. The EDC belt came in so I'll test out the USPc to see if I like it in the carry rotation. It will be heavier than say a G23 by 5-6 ounces so I'll see what kind of difference it makes with that new belt. I probably won't carry it most of the time but if I'm in the mood to carry a compact 40 it will be available.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well my holster arrived yesterday. So now I just need to swap the night sights from the 9mm slide over to the 40 slide and I'll have this as an option to put into the EDC rotation. Very curious how well I'll like it, from a comfort level, in conjunction with the new Kore Essential gun belt I got last week.

Only one way to find out :)

David
Administrator

Post by David »

The P30 has been compared to the 19X as far as compact slide on a full sized frame. I got curious so I put my P30 on top of my 19X and sure enough, it was very close in size. The +2 extension on the 19X mag made it slightly taller but overall it was pretty much very comparable. Now that HK has the 17 and 20 round mags it really bumps it up a notch for dedicated HD use.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

I discovered that the holster I just got for my USPc also fits my P2000 perfectly. Big score!

I decided to covert the USPc back to 9mm for use as a HD pistol. 9mm would be more manageable for my wife, particularly in the heavier USPc pistol. If I feel like carrying a 40 S&W I'll carry the P2000 so it will fill the woods carry role as well as being in the EDC rotation. This way I don't have to take the night sights off the USPc9 slide and put on the 40 slide. The 40 slide will simply be an extra to make this a 2-n-1 pistol to have on hand.

I really do like the feel of the P2000, I think even better overall than the USPc. And I know I like the trigger on that P2000.