HK Thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: HK Thread

Post by David »

As you can see in the second photo, the left rear night sight was a dead lamp. Contacted HK and I could either send in the slide or they could send me a new rear sight. I have a sight-pusher so I had them send me the sight. It arrived yesterday and looks good.

I think HK should have offered a shipping label but they only cover the return shipping. I think that's a little cheap on their part considering it was a QC issue on their part, it was a brand new pistol and it arrived that way.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

David wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:56 am I think HK should have offered a shipping label but they only cover the return shipping. I think that's a little cheap on their part considering it was a QC issue on their part, it was a brand new pistol and it arrived that way.
I think you should shut your whore mouth and be glad they even allow you to look at the pistol, let alone buy one! This is the kind of talk that makes them rethink the civilian market. :shock:

I have an idiot friend that was holding a UMP45 recently too, and posting on Facebook. It's people like this that ruin it for all of the grateful and humble owners of HK's that know how to act!!!! :x

You "think" they should fix it. Did they ask you to think? Is that in the manual? I don't believe so. :lol:
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

So - I got a bug for a 9mm USP Stainless compact...One was just sold on HK Pro a few days ago. Whew....dodged a 9mm bullet with the Mrs. there!
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Just went looking for Stainless USP's again. No luck - which is good....
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:54 pm Just went looking for Stainless USP's again. No luck - which is good....
Keep looking :lol:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

David wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:48 am
Bob wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:54 pm Just went looking for Stainless USP's again. No luck - which is good....
Keep looking :lol:
That doesn't help Dave.

I occasionally find a .45 or .40, but I want a 9c
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well, when you get your Man Card upgraded to you can go ahead and get a .45 or .40 :lol:

David
Administrator

Post by David »

David wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:56 am
Updating: HK sent me a new rear sight last year. I promptly forgot put it in the case and forgot about it. When I finally remembered I tried to put it on with the sight pusher I have but no go. The sight pusher is one of those cheap universal types and it just wouldn't budge the rear sight. So I ordered a better one. I've had it now for about a month but still haven't gotten around to it with all the wedding/post wedding stuff.

Hoping it's a lot easier with this one...

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Saw a P2000sk for ~$650. Must be strong...