Metal or plastic?

Everything you need to know about making and keeping water potable.

What kind of bottle do you prefer for EDC/survival?

Plastic bottle
No votes
Stainless steel
100%
Other, please explain
No votes

Total votes: 6

David
Administrator

Re: Metal or plastic?

Post by David »

JDH wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:33 pm I really like Nalgene bottles but...

Hit hard stainless may bend but will still hold water. If the plastic cracks it is done.

You can directly heat the stainless. Trying that with a Nalgene type is playing with fire.
Well, the voting is still 100% in favor of SS. Not surprising. I have the SS Pathfinder water bottle in my GHB for all the benefits that it offers. I still use a Camelbak plastic bottle for EDC though, particularly in the summer. Pretty much goes everywhere with me because it's held up to use practically everywhere and is light. I actually have about five of the Camelbak style water bottles and three or four of the Nalgene style (no-name knock offs that seem to be just as good).
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Re: Metal or plastic?

Post by bdcochran »

My experience has been the same.

I also reveal that I have made mistakes in handling both plastic and ss bottles. Keep checking whether the tops seal!

I use ss every day. Drink cold water all day. Problem is that the base is not big enough to keep bottles from falling over. Oops! Time to clean the refrigerator again. Didn't check the seal. :lol: