Contagion Survival Kit

All things first aid related.
David
Administrator

Contagion Survival Kit

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdc
Board Founder

Re: Contagion Survival Kit

Post by bdc »

1. I buy isopropyl alcohol by the gallon. Saves a lot.
2. I do not know about the effectiveness of hydron peroxide.
3. If the epidemic hits, be sure to wear disposable gloves when pumping gasoline at th egas station.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

bdc wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:34 pm 1. I buy isopropyl alcohol by the gallon. Saves a lot.
2. I do not know about the effectiveness of hydron peroxide.
3. If the epidemic hits, be sure to wear disposable gloves when pumping gasoline at th egas station.
Where is a good place to buy iisopropyl alcohol by the gallon?

After pumping gas I always use hand sanitizer. I figure this will cover me until I can wash my hands.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Sam's Club offers 64oz for $4.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:59 pm Sam's Club offers 64oz for $4.
Good to know, thanks :)

bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

Alcohol by the gallon. Smart and Final is a company that markets to institutions wholesale and spread out in my area to having stores. $15 a gallon plus sales tax. Like SK Rykoff is a competitor.

I always had one gallon in reserve. Bought two more gallons. Converted a used spray bottle from household cleaners and labeled the same with a large, free shipping label from Fedx (you get free blank labels there). So, now I have two spray bottles.
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

I have done what I suggest other people do - go sit in a quiet corner with a pen and paper.
Write down what bothered you the last time you had a hospital stay. Then write down what bothered you when you and not someone else had to take care of you when you were recovering.

1. I hate sitting up and drinking water through a straw. I am concerned about spilling, breaking glass items or piles of half drunk plastic containers. I want to lie down and drink. Ergo, get some baby bottles.

2. When I was discharged from the army, I had to go stay in a motel after surgery and keep changing my bandages. What a mess. The manager thought I had murdered some one. I kept running out of supplies.

When I was injured in martial arts, I ended up on morphine drip at Kaiser and when I was discharged days later, I had to take care of myself at home when I rested. It was hard. I wanted foods that required no preparation and cleanup. I hated the mess at home.

Today, I went through all the stored clothes in the attic and made a big pile to go to rummage on Monday. All the laundry and dishes are done. I have probably picked up 8 cases of my favorite canned beef stew. I know that relatives are going to show up at my door. They don't get that. They get the canned sardines. Yep. There are cases of them because at one time the significant other was eating them every day. I hate them.

I have multiple decks of cards. I also threw away a lot of old papers today.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Good ideas BDC but there is a modern version of the baby bottle. It is called the Camel Back Eddy. Has a rubber nipple and everything and the interior straw is removable is needed. I suck on mine all day long just about every day and I've carried it all over the world. It works.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Love CamelBak bottles! I have three of them and one pretty much leaves the house with me.

bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

Yes. I am behind the times. I have a pile of Klean canteens that I use all the time. However, I will now explore whether a replaceable top is made with a retractable straw.