Air Fryer

Recipes, freeze-dried, deydrated and all food related threads.
David
Administrator

Air Fryer

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdc
Board Founder

Re: Air Fryer

Post by bdc »

Thank you. Some years back, I made beef jerky using a different machine.
I came to learn that the shelf life of beef jerky was extremely limited, whether commercial or home made. Moreover, the commercial versions had large quantities of preservatives.

So, I did some research and came to following impressions:

1. If you could freeze jerky, it would last longer. This would be like putting it in an ice cave or worse, putting it in an underground cache.
2. if you were able to obtain wild animal meat like deer or rabbit, they had less fat content and would keep longer.
3. you don't need much meat protein in the diet to survive - maybe a couple of meals a week.
4. no matter what cheap cut of meat was used, when I compared the cost of the raw product meat and that of the dehydrated meat (and ignored my time and cost of manufacture), the dubious commercial product price was reasonable.

Making jerky doesn't require much past cutting the meat thin, drying it out (on a stick over a campfire or on the rack in the oven). If you want to add flavor, you do it before smoking or drying the same.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Air Fryer

Post by Bob »

We have an air fryer....interesting.