Deal Alert Thread

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Deal Alert Thread

Post by David »

One of the most popular and used threads on the old board, and for good reason. Everyone loves a great deal and here is the way to pass on that information to other members of the board.

I'll kick it off. As we all know, Walmart caved into political correctness and has stopped selling all those scary calibers. However, I talked with one of the clerks at one of my local WM's and she told me that ammunition is ordered months in advance and that there is still a lot of ammo in the pipeline. So they will be selling ammo until the supply dries up. And better yet, a lot of those scary calibers is on yellow-tag sale. For example, I've purchased a bunch of Federal brass case 115 FMJ 200 round boxes for $30. Breaks down to $7.50/50 rounds or 15 cents a round. Not too bad for being locally available. I have four WM's within a 15 minute drive of my house, two of which are Super WM's. So I've been grabbing up 9mm, 40 S&W and 223.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: Deal Alert Thread

Post by David »

The ammo at my Walmart, was 50% off starting today. 50 round boxes of 9 mm full metal jacket, five dollars. Hundred round box 9 mm, nine dollars. 50 round box, of 40 caliber, seven dollars. 50 round box of 223, seven dollars.

This was Remington, Winchester and Federal brands.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

The wife and I hit a couple of Wally's tonight- found out that not all are slashing the prices so low. The one that did, we got there just in time to watch one guy fill his cart with all of the ammo's that we needed and more= pretty much cleaned it out right before our eyes- no shame- he was like sorry about your luck...

But we seen him at the next mart and we had all of what he wanted and the look on his face was Oh, that's what that feels like...
Well anyway, we still went home with a pile at lower prices than I've seen in a real long time:

And it was fun.
... Just a Dude...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

It was kinda funny how it happened. Wife and I had a lot of errands and shopping yesterday. Walmart was tossed into the mix since we were passing right by it. So we go in and she heads over to the kitchen stuff and I head over to see what is still in the ammo cabinet. I get there and start looking at what they have, which was still pretty much full...then I start looking at all the little yellow stickers. I takes a moment to register and then it's like...WOW, it's all 50% off. The lady clerk was passing by and asked if I needed some help. Oh yeah, I'm getting some ammo! She said she had just got done marking it all down. So I bought a couple of bags full and catch up with my wife. My wife loves a deal so she says to go back and get some more. So I do and get another couple of bag fulls. She buys her stuff and we head to the car. She bought some plums and she tastes one and she said they were so good she wanted to go back in and get more...so I go back in and get some more ammo! All said and done I bought 2050 rounds of .380, 9mm, 40 and 223 for right around $250. Figured that was one good deal and thinking about it, haven't seen prices like that since pre-Obama.

WWB 9mm 50 rounds - $5
WWB 9mm 100 round value pack - $9
WWB 40 50 rounds - $7
Rem UMC 380 50 rounds - $7
Rem UMC 223 50 rounds - $7
WWB 9mm 147 jhp - $11

They didn't have any Nato left but I felt really happy with what I was able to purchase. Almost tempted to stop in a different WM that's on the way home to see what they have left. But left the store a happy camper.

Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Quote:
"WWB 9mm 50 rounds - $5
WWB 9mm 100 round value pack - $9
WWB 40 50 rounds - $7
Rem UMC 380 50 rounds - $7
Rem UMC 223 50 rounds - $7
WWB 9mm 147 jhp - $11

They didn't have any Nato left but I felt really happy with what I was able to purchase. Almost tempted to stop in a different WM that's on the way home to see what they have left. But left the store a happy camper."

Yup those are the throwing it away prices, Good score.

I keep stalking the Mart close to me hoping to catch them when they drop the prices that low. They have the big boxes of the .223 that are priced $175 under the shelf, I'm waiting to see what they drop to/ probably about 90 bucks if I can get some before someone else buys it all..
... Just a Dude...
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Finally:

It happen today while I was at work and someone came in with 5 grand and cleaned them out... By the time I got there the guy was restocking the shelves with what he had from the back. Got a bunch of 45acp for 9 bucks a box and 1000 rounds of 9mm for 90 bucks and 200 rounds of .223 for 30 bucks.

Wmart will be doing this until their stock is gone which won't be very lone at this rate= supposed to be by the end of the year.
Hope I don't go broke by then...
... Just a Dude...
Mac66
Board Founder

Leupold Yellowstone Binoculars

Post by Mac66 »

A good pair of binoculars make a world of difference.

Check your local Costco for a good deal on these. These are not high end glass but better than average, cheap Bushnells or budget binos. They are a good bang for the buck.

Leupold Yellowstone 10x42 Binoculars $150

They say $179.90 on the display but you get $30 instant discount at the checkout.

They are the same as their BX2 Acadia binocs sold at Cabelas for $250 and at Amazon for $200.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Harbor Freight ammo boxes $2.99

https://www.harborfreight.com/Ammo-Dry- ... MiJ9%0D%0A

These are the smaller 30 cal plastic boxes, usually $5.99 sometimes $4.99. I have about a dozen of them I use for ammo, first aid kits, to store radios, tools etc, etc. Very handy.

And they don't say Bunker Hill on the side. They have a peel off sticker instead.

Update 9/18/20

Haven't seen these for $2.99 for about 6 months. They are now typically on sale for $3.49. Still a decent price. I recently bought 5 more of them.
Last edited by Mac66 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:21 am Harbor Freight ammo boxes $2.99

https://www.harborfreight.com/Ammo-Dry- ... MiJ9%0D%0A

These are the smaller 30 cal plastic boxes, usually $5.99 sometimes $4.99. I have about a dozen of them I use for ammo, first aid kits, to store radios, tools etc, etc. Very handy.

And they don't say Bunker Hill on the side. They have a peel off sticker instead.
Very good price and really useful like you mention for a lot of different things. And they seem to work really well.

Mac66
Board Founder

Kel tec P17 $170

Post by Mac66 »

You can now order a Kel tec P17 22 from Sportsman's Warehouse for $170 + tax.
Order it online and it takes about a week to get to the store for pickup. No other fees.

Features include fiber optic front sight, 3 16 round mags, threaded barrel.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gea ... /p/1620145