Don't tell Bob...

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Don't tell Bob...

Post by David »

But I sold both of my 12g shotguns. I am now without any shotguns. I became concerned over the last six months due to some cardiac issues I have to deal with and didn't want to take any risk of recoil setting off the issue. So I sold one and traded the other. My go-to long guns with either be the Sub 2k's or the AR's. A lot less recoil to worry about.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Don't tell Bob...

Post by Ronin.45 »

I traded off my Benelli a few years ago and haven't missed it. I quit shooting 3Gun in favor of 2Gun, don't hunt, and wouldn't choose it as an HD gun. It mostly just sat in the safe even though it was a great gun.
ratf51
Board Founder

Post by ratf51 »

I promise that he won't hear it from me. I sold a Mossberg 590 to a good friend several years ago leaving me shotgunless (sorta). I have an old Remington 1900 SxS that belonged to my great-grandfather. Technically it still works but its age (112, based on serial number) and condition preclude me ever shooting it again. If it was my last and only gun I would use it but it would be true desperation time.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Meh - only a problem if you need to shoot something on-the-wing.

Still should have kept one on principle - but that's my principles, not yours!

Now - had this thread said you got rid of the Muddy Girl LCP....we'd have issues!!!!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I think the little muddy girl is a keeper. But don't miss the shotguns to be honest. Thought I would seeing how I've been using/teaching shotguns for nearly 30 years but I'm okay with it. For long guns I'll either use my PCC or AR.

I'll have to count up my buck, bird and slug shells and sell them or trade them for an ammo I can use.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I can find a new EDC Muddy Girl for $250 all day if I really want one....

What I really need is a Vortex Strike eagle and more Glock parts!
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Did you think about getting a 410? Lot less recoil and then you could tell Bob you still have a shotgun.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Get a judge if you have to - and if you do, DEFINITELY don't tell me!!!!

Come on man - just a 20g with low recoil event!!!!!!
fishingjeff
Board Founder

Post by fishingjeff »

I got mine plus several 12's and a 410'er.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I really don’t miss them. No seller’s remorse at all. Not like I don’t have other long gun options available.