DIY Small Survival kit

Here you can post your DIY projects or links/videos.
David
Administrator

Re: DIY Small Survival kit

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:18 pm Oh man I love these....
It is really pretty cool how much useful stuff you can actually fit in an Altoid sized tin.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

These are small enough you could specialize several tins. One of fire-starting. One for batteries and power cables. One for fishing. One for...
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I have honestly decided at this point I'll carry what I need rather than restrict myself to a pre-determined size that does not meet my needs.

But dang - still is fun to try!!!! I actually have an awaiting tin in my supply box!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Further discussion and items of consideration here:

http://sepboard.us/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=203&p=1173#p1173

So what items would YOU put into a small survival kit? What do you think would be useful, practical and actually fit in a small (Altoids?) sized kit?

fishingjeff
Board Founder

Post by fishingjeff »

A Band Aid, a ferro rod w/ compass built-in, striker w/ whistle built-in, sail needle w/ waxed thread[artificial sinew, bobbin of braided line and mono, 4 assorted small hooks, 2 med and 2 small split shot, piece of a broken CD[mirror], small one blade knife, 30' mason string, 12" x roll width - aluminum foil[heavy duty and folded as needed], 2 safety pins[med]. Then duct tape a packaged space blanket to the bottom and a GHB to the top[just kidding]. Pack the interior with cotton ball material to eliminate noise and provide tinder.
JMO YMMV
David
Administrator

Post by David »

David
Administrator

Post by David »