DIY Small Survival kit

Here you can post your DIY projects or links/videos.
David
Administrator

DIY Small Survival kit

Post by David »

Looking at the small survival kits that you can put together yourself.

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: DIY Small Survival kit

Post by David »

Article on how to put a small survival kit together;

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--How-to-Mak ... ually+work

Compile a list of things you think would be useful in an emergency situation. Here’s our list we picked from:

Empty Altoids tin
Survival tool
Duct Tape
Weatherproof matches
Ibuprofen/Advil
Mini compass
Leatherman Squirt
Zip ties
Safety pins

Water purifying tablets
Fire tinder
Cheetos
Compact flashlight
Lip balm
Alcohol prep pad
Small fishing kit
Wire
Lighter

Duct tape
Whistle
Super glue
Band Aid/Neosporin
Tweezers
Pen
Razor blade
Paper clips
Tire band or paracord to wrap the tin
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

ActiveAl

Post by ActiveAl »

IMO, this Maxpedition Mini knockoff would make a great survival kit container: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000330 ... 4c4dQYPk1Q
I purchased several with the intent of making small first aid kits, and I am pleasantly surprised at the overall quality. It comes with a very good molle attachment with double stitched loops. The elastic inside the bags is also double stitched. But all other stitching is single - still a good value. Took about three weeks to arrive from China.

In a way, this bag is better than the Maxpedition Mini: https://www.amazon.com/Maxpedition-Micr ... 176&sr=8-3 because the Mini doesn't have the molle attachment.

FWIW, as soon as I can get ny hands on a cardboard egg carton, I am going to try your DIY fuel tabs: http://sepboard.us/viewtopic.php?f=7&t= ... 66b7776561 Thanks! You're the bomb David!

David
Administrator

Post by David »

I appreciate it :)

I have one of those mini bags off Ali like you posted. Yep, there just fine and about a 7th of the price so it's hard to beat. Had it for a few years now and it will work just as well for a small kit.

xxo

Post by xxo »

Here's an altoid kit I put together a while back:

David
Administrator

Post by David »

What is the orange thing in the middle with the string? For fishing? And what are you using the ear plugs for?

xxo

Post by xxo »

It's a whistle:

....just used it to wrap some Spider wire fishing line around and to store a set of SAK tweezers.

The ear plugs are just in case I want to do some shooting or are around load noises.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ah, gotcha. Good idea and I like the orange :)

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Oh man I love these....