Trustfire A8

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
David
Administrator

Trustfire A8

Post by David »

This is one of my favorite lights. Purchased a couple of them maybe 5 years ago. It can use a 26650, 18650 (in a spacer tube) or 3xAAA (also in a spacer tube). It won't use any 3xAAA holder, it needs to be tall enough to make connection on each side. However, it's nice to have a light that provides three power options.

I first used this light on one of our SEP gatherings. We were at J.B. Starkey park at a primitive camp site about 3 miles out. Bob was coming late from work so was traveling the trail by himself. As he was getting close, perhaps a half mile I lit up the tree line with the A8. Bob thought we had a car with the high beams on :D

It was definitely a 1000 lumens of sun. Compared to some of the newer lights it is old tech. But it was about $15 back then and very rugged. Five or so years later and it's still working fine and is our house go-to light. Gets a fair amount of use.

If I saw one at a really good price I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another one.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: Trustfire A8

Post by David »

I actually did find one at a low price;

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3288786 ... 4c4djnDjQU

$15.36 shipped with a nlyon sheath. I'll be interested to see if this one comes with a 3xAAA holder or not. I 'think' the other two did but I'm not 100% certain. It did come with an 18650 tube though. We'll see how it comes.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: Trustfire A8

Post by David »

So it's been over three years now since the initial post. As noted, I've used these in the woods and around the house. They remain a bright light that just feels solid in the hand. Not cheap like some LED lights. This one has a bit of heft to it and the material is high quality. All of them are still going strong.

If you can still find one, I'd recommend it.