New Member Introduction

Please introduce yourself here.
David
Administrator

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by David »

mdell49 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:41 pm My name is Mike. I am located in the central Sierra's in California. I am a former LEO and am in my mid 60's. I have a small piece of property,( 3 acres )and for the last 25 years have had a shelter in place mentality. I like to grow my own vegetables and my wife and I enjoy canning and preserving. I am an avid big game hunter and have traveled extensively in pursuit of big game. I process my own animals and enjoy making sausages and trying new recipes. I think being prepared is a basic common sense skill that is not all that common.

I picked the location we live in to live in as secure a location as possible. I commuted to Fresno Ca to work for 23 years 100 miles round trip to live in a location that would give myself and family a strategic location should a SHTF occurrence transpire. A GHB was an essential item to make the commute with. We heat the house exclusively with wood and have a whole house generator for the blackouts that are now common in Ca. All was working just fine until the fires hit and with it the cancellation of homeowners insurance and the unbelievable increase in rates that came along with it. Some things an individual just can't prepare for. Anyway I am pleased to be here and am sure I will learn a great deal from the members here. Thank you Dave for the invite
Warm welcome :)

Those fires have been absolutely terrible. Prayers for everyone out west. Years ago we had some wildfires in the region, nothing close to the west coast but even that little taste brought an awareness for the destructive capability of fire. Breathing advisories were common as were the issues it brought on for many folks.

Glad you're here, meet the group and enjoy :D
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by Mac66 »

Welcome Mike.