Sprouting 101

Recipes, freeze-dried, deydrated and all food related threads.
David
Administrator

Sprouting 101

Post by David »

https://theprovidentprepper.org/super-s ... red-wheat/

I've sprouted many times and have the containers. It's easy and very nutritious as well. Great for salads, smoothies, soups, stews etc. Good way to keep your nutrition needs met.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
maypo59

Re: Sprouting 101

Post by maypo59 »

spicy radish sprouts, ham, and cream cheese on a good Asiago bagel... :)
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

The wife and I have just started doing sprouting, we have made two jars of sprouts so far and have two more on days 2 and 3. This is fun and tasty, we wanted a way to grow fresh veggies to supplement all of the high in sodium freeze-dried food buckets we have collected and also needed a way to grow food in-doors and fast. Growing veggies outside is cool and all but bugs, animals and other people can get to them. Also sprouting can happen on your kitchen counter all year round.
Fresh highly nutritious food in 5 to 6 days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSU0mpOyyc

We have been doing it almost just like this lady in the video accept MY dogs don't want anything to do with them...
... Just a Dude...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I haven't sprouted in a while but plan on it after we get moved and settled in the new house. I'll have plenty of room.

I did very much enjoy it and it's a very simple, very healthy prep.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Our first batch:

Broccoli and Friends- Broccoli, Red Radish, Clover and Alfalfa. The radish was quite bright but it was tasty. We will try putting one spoon of the Broc mix and one spoon of just Broccoli next time...
... Just a Dude...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Okay, that really looks good! And quite a bit more volume than I usually get so good job. Put over a salad it's a really healthy addition.