Arming of Photon Torpedoes WSIII

An area to discuss the myriad of rules within the SFB game.
IKV Avenger
Board Founder

Arming of Photon Torpedoes WSIII

Post by IKV Avenger »

(S4.13) WEAPONS STATUS III:

Multi-turn arming weapons may be assumed to be fully armed and are being held in their launch tubes; in this case holding energy must be allocated on the first turn. Note that weapons which cannot be held (e.g., plasma-R torpedoes) cannot be completed prior to this point. Fusion beams are NOT multi-turn arming weapons and cannot begin the game “held” at any weapon status.

(S4.32) OVERLOAD:

Prior turns arming allowed by Weapons Status II or Weapons Status III cannot include overload energy. Exception: Ships armed with photon torpedoes have two points of free overload energy per tube from prior turns when at WS-III. This energy may be allocated between the various photon tubes at the option of the owning player, but all must be used for overloads; none can be used for arming. NOTE: This rule is often restricted to the Federation in tournaments. Check local tournament rules.

The Federation ship is not required to use the two free OL points and thus may begin the scenario with standard or proximity armed photon torpedoes. If overloads are desired, the Federation ship could have partial overloads i.e. two points per tube at a cost of 1.5 points of holding power per tube (if the two points are evenly distributed between the tubes. If not, holding energy will differ between the tubes). If full overloads are desired, you still pay the holding cost for the prior turns partial overloads i.e. 1.5 per tube (again if evenly distributed) and two additional points per tube for a total of 3.5 per tube or 14 points total.
My other car is a D7 Battlecruiser.