Bahco Carpenter knife

A section for knives, axes, multi-tools and all things blades.
xxo

Re: Bahco Carpenter knife

Post by xxo »

Mac66, I used to do the same to my Clippers, except for the little paracord tab on the ranger band (great Idea!).

I have also been known to duct tape to the back of the plastic sheath a sail needle with some line for making repairs and some times a few fish hooks as well - a very easy way to carry these items. I have also at times used ranger bands around the body of the sheath to attach assorted fire starters or sharpeners, not just on Moras but other plastic sheathes as well.
xxo

Post by xxo »

David wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:59 pm Thank you. I make my own paracord bracelets so it was pretty easy to do. And a lot of fun :)

And it's practical. Protects the sheath and gives you a fairly good amount of cordage.

I'm not very good with knots or paracord myself, but I do like wrap some of my larger knife and machete sheaths with some paracord. The wraps are very crude but it is a good place to store some paracord.

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

A simple way to wrap a sheath is by using a technique called whipping. Commonly used to wrap the ends of ropes to keep them from fraying, it's a fast and easy way to wrap paracord around stuff like sheaths, walking stick handles etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBS1f57O82U
xxo

Post by xxo »

That's the way I wrapped my sheaths.