Bahco Carpenter knife

A section for knives, axes, multi-tools and all things blades.
David
Administrator

Bahco Carpenter knife

Post by David »

I have to give credit to Mac for this find. Several years ago he posted about the Bahco Carpenter knife. Basically a SS Mora Companion-style knife.

https://www.autotoolworld.com/Bahco-244 ... 95504.html

As low as $6.29

https://aboloxtools.com/Bahco-2444

Back years ago, Mac found a tool site that was selling a case of 12 for $101. I bought a case but they messed up the order pretty badly. When I finally got the order they tossed in a second case of 12 for free for the trouble they put me through. I've given several of them away including several folks here that were at an SEP gathering a few years back. Those sucker are SHARP! My wife loves these knives and has one in the kitchen. I probably still have 10 or so left and they are simply great knives.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
xxo

Re: Bahco Carpenter knife

Post by xxo »

Cool!

Looks a lot like my old Mora clipper, are they made in Sweden?
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Yes, they are made by Mora in Sweden. I still use mine for gutting deer. Have passed them out in deer camp.
xxo

Post by xxo »

I might have to get one of those. Moras used to be $6 - $8 when I got mine, but I stopped buying them when the bushcraft guys discovered them and Mora jacked up the prices.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

They are a real find. Sharp, comfortable handle and simply well made. I like Mora's knives.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
xxo

Post by xxo »

My Mora Clipper with a few of it's friends.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Here's a couple that I wrapped in 550 paracord.

xxo

Post by xxo »

Nice!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Thank you. I make my own paracord bracelets so it was pretty easy to do. And a lot of fun :)

And it's practical. Protects the sheath and gives you a fairly good amount of cordage.

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Besides wrapping para cord around the sheath I do two more mods to my Moras/Bahcos.

The first is to make a retaining strap out of a bicycle inner tube and piece of paracord. I started doing this to all my Bahcos/Moras when one worked it's way out of it's sheath while deer hunting.

The second is to put a rough grind on the spine to use on a fero rod/sparker. Top/without, bottom/with