Emergency Food Bars

Recipes, freeze-dried, deydrated and all food related threads.
David
Administrator

Re: Emergency Food Bars

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I just saw a Youtube thing on these bars they make for life rafts...[pretty intriguing. More on this later....
maypo59

Post by maypo59 »

We keep 4 of them in the camper.. Take one with us on a group hike every now and then and share it, to keep them rotated.. more or less. They are OK(ish).. I wouldn't want to have to live on any one thing for a long time.. but of course, that's why we prep.. We get them at our local wallyworld in the camping section.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

maypo59 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:56 am We keep 4 of them in the camper.. Take one with us on a group hike every now and then and share it, to keep them rotated.. more or less. They are OK(ish).. I wouldn't want to have to live on any one thing for a long time.. but of course, that's why we prep.. We get them at our local wallyworld in the camping section.
That’s where we get them as well, though last trip I didn’t see any?

maypo59

Post by maypo59 »

Sometimes they are out here too.. No real rhyme or reason.. Not surprised if they are out now.. LOL
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Yeah, not surprising at all right now considering current events. I think mine are still good for another year or so.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Nevermind - Mainstays...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Had some expired food bars like in the very first video in the OP. The ones in the orange package that you get at Walmart. Decided to open them up and try them. Actually, tasted just fine. I can see where these would be easy calories to consume on the go. Reinforces having some in the GHB in the car 'just in case'.

Kinda tasty.