The Armed Citizen

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

The Armed Citizen

Post by David »

Texas Homeowner Takes Out 3 Armed Intruders With Shotgun

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter ... 6Z2ACzeWis
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: The Armed Citizen

Post by David »

Video Show Moments Before And After West Freeway Church of Christ Shooting

https://concealednation.org/2019/12/war ... -shooting/

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

How do people not see the benefits of armed civilians when incidents like this happen? We are the first line of defense against evil like this.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Jesus would protect if he wanted them safe, Ronin.

Dave - this was a False Flag perpetrated to detract from the anti-Semitic attack being invested as a hate crime (The Machete guy...)
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Most mass or attempted mass shootings are false flags designed to divert the medias attention (with their willing participation because it boosts ratings). However, it doesn't take away from the fact that anywhere can be the wrong place and anytime can be the wrong time. Being prepared with a defensive tool and having situational awareness is a vital priority.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Robbery suspect killed by concealed carrier in gas station gunfight

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/rob ... -gunfight/

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

The attacks on Jews are false Flags to divert attention from the Armed defenders!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Man launches home invasion using baseball bat. Gets killed by homeowner with a gun.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/man ... homeowner/

David
Administrator

Post by David »

This is why you carry a gun:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/202 ... nwocR4uxrk

I've been on Central Ave more times that I can count. I came very close to shooting a man off-duty in 1999 on Central Ave that I had almost shot on-duty in 1992. He recognized me as I was walking into a restaurant with my (then) 8-month pregnant wife. He charged me from across the road. I was carrying a Glock 17.2 at the time, the same one I had become an firearm's instructor with a few years earlier. Luckily for him he stopped about 20 feet away and I verbally de-escalated the situation. Otherwise he would have died in that parking lot.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

A thread on this was started on GT. I thought it would be good to start a discussion on it here as well. It is an 11 year old post on AR15.com but well worth reading.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-988015/?page=1

In reading through the discussion on GT, I see a lot of Monday morning quaterbacking. Always easy to sit back and look at potential mistakes and that can indeed generate valid discussion to consider. I'd like to highlight several positives to the incident that stood out to me;
  • I had a plan to address the situation as it unfolded. He didn't freak out or freeze. He had the presence of mind to watch for a possible opening that posed the least amount of danger to his friends.
  • He stayed calm throughout the incident. Having been in several incidents where I've had to point a gun at someone, it is surreal how calm you can actually be during a situation you'd think would have your adrenaline pumping 100mph.
  • He seemed to have a level of training that was sufficient to the situation. Although the pistol may or may not have actually jammed, he had the presence of mind and skill level to clear the chamber and reload a round and reengage the threat.
  • He fought through his injuries and continued in the fight.
Lack of capacity, at least on the side of the bad guy was certainly a factor. I'm assuming that the good guys 1911 probably only had 2 more rounds in it that the revolver. It didn't mention if either had a reload available. But it would certainly have been advisable, particularly on the part of the good guy.

Interesting account that had a happy ending.