Nitecore MT10C

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
David
Administrator

Nitecore MT10C

Post by David »

In the 'Nitecore EA11 & EC11' thread I mentioned that I ordered the Nitecore MT10C. It uses either an 18350, 16340 (with included adapter) or a CR123 battery. It's about the same length as the EA11 which uses either a 14500 or AA battery.

It differs from the other two in that it is activated by a tail switch and then the modes are accessed by two buttons on the side up by the head.

https://www.nitecorestore.com/Nitecore- ... -mt10c.htm

I played around with all the modes to get familiar with them. Pretty straight forward. Goes from a 1 lumen low-low to a 920 lumen turbo (on an 18350 battery. About half that on a CR123 which is still very bright). Has the blinky functions of strobe, beacon and SOS which I think are important in an EDC prep light. Also has Red continuous, Red to indicate battery charge and Red that goes off every three seconds or so to indicated it's location. In that mode it lasts 6 months according to the instructions.

Took the dog for a walk just now and since it's dark it gave me a good opportunity to test it out. The turbo is definitely bright! Lit up the woods really well and for a decent distance as well. I found that the low setting (between low-low and medium) at 70 lumens was bright enough for walking through dark areas and seeing the sidewalk. Rated for 5 hours on that setting and I think that will be my go-to setting. Since it has memory it will come on in low when I click the tail cap.

While I certainly like high and turbo, I like run time even better. 5 hours at 70 lumens is going to be good for most needs like walks, power outages etc.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: Nitecore MT10C

Post by David »

And advantage the MT10C has over the EA11 and EC11 is the tail switch. I learned by accident how easy it is to activate the EA11 and EC11 when clipped in a front pocket because when you sit the side buttons can be activated if pressed against the inside of the pocket. And if it comes on in turbo it's going to get hot in the pocket quick. With the tail cap on the MT10C I don't have to worry about that issue.

Nice plus.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".