AK is gone

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Mac66
Board Founder

AK is gone

Post by Mac66 »

Okay...I just gave one of my AKs to my son for his birthday. It was the Norinco MAK90 I picked up and converted about 25 years ago. Probably one of the best semi auto AKs available. I didn't pay very much for it. In fact I bought 5 of them a couple years before Y2K along with 10 mags each and 3 or 4 cases of ammo. Sold them off over the years for a very good profit but kept the one.

Hadn't shot it in about 20 years and decided in honor of my new grandson I would give it to my son. That way he wouldn't have to wait for me to die to get it. Still have two others, a Romanian SAR1 and a Saiga. Probably will give the SAR to my oldest son when/if he ever moves out of Chicago.

I'm trying to downsize my collection. As I get older I realize I don't have a reason or a need to keep some of the stuff I have.
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: AK is gone

Post by tom mac »

sounds like it found a good home....

Lots of similar stuff here, calling it time to thin the herd too
You can't fix stupid !
Erich

Post by Erich »

That's what I did with my last AK, about 15 years ago: gave it to a friend's kid on his 18th birthday. It was a Polish underfolder and I gave him a pile of mags and ammo along with it - he was a happy kid. (Gave him a 9mm pistol on his 21st, too.) For me it was just that I realized I was getting too old to run out the door with the heavy thing. :)

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I included a 4 mag east German mag pouch with loaded mags and some Chinese 5 and 10 rounders than came with the rifle.