Surefire 6P LED - KING of lights!

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
Bob
Board Founder

Surefire 6P LED - KING of lights!

Post by Bob »

Or it was. Watching some vids....guy said when it came out it was a whopping 65 Lumens (if that day was 1988), which was seriously bright for the day. And also the blinding 80 Lumin LED which appeared in 2008!

That is what I had on my AK at the time.

Well, Compared to the little cheap Metal SIPIKs on EBAy, it sucks now. So I am trying an upgrade:

https://www.amazon.com/Bright-Flashligh ... C93&sr=8-4

Been using the 6P as a "walk around" light these days. I'll report back how it goes.

I probably need to boost my Shotgun light too...
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Surefire 6P LED - KING of lights!

Post by Bob »

Oh man - what a difference!!!! My 6P is back!!!

So bright I can barely see the spot my Sipik makes when I shoot it into the middle of the 6p's beam!!!!
JDH

Post by JDH »

The LED upgrades for the P60 module have come a long way. Made the Surefire forend on the shotgun much more usable and less prone to recoil popping the bulb.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

This thing just made my 6P awesome again. The body etc, while old (because used) is still going strong.

I'm gonna try a couple of these for my G3's
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:24 am Oh man - what a difference!!!! My 6P is back!!!

So bright I can barely see the spot my Sipik makes when I shoot it into the middle of the 6p's beam!!!!
It's amazing what small changes make. Although not anywhere near as bright as what you did, I converted several incandescent Maglites over to LED and it's made a night/day difference.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".