2023 end-of-year

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

2023 end-of-year

Post by David »

So we are not too far from closing out the year. Did you meet all of your prepping goals for the year? Anything you want to try to get in before the end of the year? Big plans for 2024?

It took quite a while after our move to get everything into place. Still getting some things situated but as far as mainline preps I feel pretty decent. Still room for improvement of course but it's pretty solid.

We had a chance last year to put up the hurricane shutters. Turns out they weren't really needed, thankfully, but it was a good test run. Alarm system installed so all set on that front. HD plan in place so that's GTG. Solid vehicle.

Need to have my wife 'grant' me a cabinet somewhere for the spare and extra prep stuff so it's stored someplace rather than in boxes, lol :lol:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Re: 2023 end-of-year

Post by Bob »

I don't know that I had any goals...but I'm feeling pretty OK.

Just got the Alarm system TOTALLY revamped. A little on the monthly expensive side, but I have too much crap to not do it. Guns/Guitars)

Of course, also in the Pellet gun club too!

Some other stuff....
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

My goals this year were mostly focused on the woods house, getting the food plots up and running, tweaking the living space to make it more efficient and livable. Pretty much accomplished that. Next year goals will be fixing up the suburb house to sell and maybe moving up to the woods house.

One thing that's apparent at the woods house is since the house doesn't have a basement I need a man cave/workshop. We have a 24x24' attached garage. I'm thinking of having the floor painted/epoxied and sealed, the walls insulated and a ceiling put in. Maybe even have the front garage door removed and a wall built to close it off. Cars will be parked under a car port or in the barn.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

One goal left. Kill a pig and eat it....

Just ordered some Hornady Custom-lite
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Met all the goals, except losing weight!

1. I restrained myself in buying any new toys.

2. I completed the inventory of all the stuff I am giving to charity and it will all picked up within the next week.

3. I inspected, reviewed and fixed any gear. No more thoughts of "wearing of just last time" or "I'll save it, I might have a use for it>"
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Couple more days left....
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

bdcochran wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:59 am I inspected, reviewed and fixed any gear. No more thoughts of "wearing of just last time" or "I'll save it, I might have a use for it>"

Old motto... if I haven't used it, needed it, or looked for it in a year then it can prob get sold, given away, scrapped
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

tom mac wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:37 am
bdcochran wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:59 am I inspected, reviewed and fixed any gear. No more thoughts of "wearing of just last time" or "I'll save it, I might have a use for it>"

Old motto... if I haven't used it, needed it, or looked for it in a year then it can prob get sold, given away, scrapped
Except when you need something and realized you sold it or gave it or tossed it a month ago. That has happened to me so many times I can't count.

That's why I have a basement, two garages and a pole barn full of stuff.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

"That's why I have a basement, two garages and a pole barn full of stuff." I gave up 2 storage units One of the reasons was because I could no longer find things! :?