CCW EDC sling bag

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
David
Administrator

CCW EDC sling bag

Post by David »

I've talked about this in a couple of other threads, but wanted to give it a thread of it's own. I ordered an M-Tac sling bag that is specifically designed for CCW.

I don't carry it in front like the above photo, I normally carry it on the back.

Has a hook & loop field with stiff velcro holster in the larger zippered compartment. That compartment has a quick pull tab for immediate access. Although it is very stiff to use because it's so new.

With current events in the world I thought it prudent to at least have the option to easily, and discreetly, carry a secondary weapon. Couple of reasons; first, my wife knows how to use a pistol and has one of her own but she simply doesn't carry. So this would provide her a pistol if it ever became necessary. Secondly, it provides me a secondary pistol should the primary (carried on-body) ever becomes inop.

The sling back is of course a little heavier than the previous non-CCW sling bag but nothing distressing.

I currently use the Sig P365X and XL as a tag team since they both utilize the same mags.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Re: CCW EDC sling bag

Post by Bob »

Also appears to have a little more room than "just" a pistol.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:07 pm Also appears to have a little more room than "just" a pistol.
I'm able to put a thin Anker battery pack and charging cables, couple of spare mags, flashlight, spare batteries, boo-boo IFAK and some odds and ends in it. Not bad overall.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

So what keeps it from sliding around the front from the weight of load and movement? You know rotating down...

I like this= looks way cooler than the fanny pack but other sling packs I have move around a lot.
... Just a Dude...
Erich

Post by Erich »

The one thing that I personally insist on in a pack like this is that it look vaguely "sheepie" - it's bad enough that my face and build kinda project "gun guy," but when I'm wearing something like this it's usually in a vaguely NPE and nobody needs to even think, "Gawrsh, that looks kinda like a soldier's bag." But whatever works for every individual's needs.

3" N-frame

I agree with Gnepig on the rotation of sling bags; it just seems to be endemic to the breed. OTOH, I hike with this bag a lot (using the bag to carry a 64-oz water bladder) and don't find that it's too difficult to keep it where it should be - just an occasional touch with the near hand.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Nice pistol.
Agreed, the gayer it looks the less people will wonder what's in the bag...

I ordered one last night- will let you know how I like it.
... Just a Dude...
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Nice looking revolver.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Unless you're that guy who looks at everyone around them trying to assess what and how they are carrying you probably don't need to worry about how you look and what you carry in.

Okay, I'm kinda that guy but I see a lot of guys carrying bags of all types. And of course it largely depends on the context. In an urban area/big city you are likely to see lots of lap top bags and sling bags and back packs. College campus' the same. Suburban areas not so many packs but more shopping bags.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Gnepig wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:43 pm So what keeps it from sliding around the front from the weight of load and movement? You know rotating down...

I like this= looks way cooler than the fanny pack but other sling packs I have move around a lot.
It came with a universal holster with hook-n-loop and velcro so I can position it however I like. In the main compartment is the XL as well as a couple of spare mags that slide into loops. All fits nicely.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Found a video that gives a good look at the M-Tac. I don't carry it in front like he demonstrated. I normally carry it slung across my back, sorta the small of the back area since it rides sideways when carried on the back. I'm not concerned with lightning fast access since the pistol inside is a secondary.