Fireworks

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Mac66
Board Founder

Fireworks

Post by Mac66 »

So...my daughters wedding is this saturday. It's being held at our woods house up north. Fairly small, pretty much just family, maybe 50 people and we've worked our butts off getting the house ready.

Anyway, way back in the initial planning my daughter asked if we could have fireworks (FWs) Wife and I said, "no...that's just one more thing to do on a long list, so no, just no."

Fast forward to last weekend where we finally got 99% of the stuff done and coming home we passed a Phantom Fireworks store near our house. Got me thinking.

Now...FWs have been legal in Michigan for maybe 5 years so instead of having to run down to Ohio to buy them we can now buy them legally. Kind of brings up the fallacy of banning something (like guns, drugs etc, etc) people will get/use them anyway. Ironically I've never bought FWs since they've become legal.

So apparently this is the off season for FWs because I went to the store's website and they were offering a buy 1 get 2 free deal. Took a trip over to the store last night...big store filled with FWs...I was the only one there. The one guy running the store helped me pick out what I wanted. Bought 3 packs got 6 free. That's enough for the wedding, the Octoberfest party we throw in October and next New Years Eve. So we'll surprise my only daughter at the end of the night on Saturday.
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: Fireworks

Post by tom mac »

Best to them and family...
You can't fix stupid !
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Sounds like you are being a great dad making your daughter's dreams come true.

Have a wonderful wedding this weekend.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Wedding went well and the fireworks (she didn't know we were doing it) were a big hit.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

FAr better than shooting AK's into the air!
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Speaking of fireworks....This Saturday is our annual Mactoberfest up at the woods house. Kind of an Octoberfest party for the family to get together and celebrate the fall colors. The colors should be pretty much at peak this weekend.

This year I've set up a competition of 6 games. Ladder ball, lawn darts, Archery, regular darts, Axe throwing and corn hole. For the kids we have suction cup archery, velcro darts, air powered rocket launching and pumpkin painting.

For everyone we also have a hayride, huge bonfire and FIREWORKS!

We also have a lot of food & drink left over from the wedding. Always a good time.