Is your MAG ready for total breakdown of the System?

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Is your MAG ready for total breakdown of the System?

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Is your MAG ready for total breakdown of the System?

Post by Bob »

MAG?

The message I skimmed though, is a very very true thing that most people do not seem to get: There is simply not enough System BAsed aid available; Police, Fire, Ambulances, Hospital Beds....you name it.

Thus self support / readiness / preparedness
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:37 pm MAG?

The message I skimmed though, is a very very true thing that most people do not seem to get: There is simply not enough System BAsed aid available; Police, Fire, Ambulances, Hospital Beds....you name it.

Thus self support / readiness / preparedness
This is a serious consideration. The recent events in Israel are a serious red flag for what could happen here in the U.S. as well as other countries. In Israel the terrorists stormed across the borders and attacked civilian, in their homes and towns, on a large scale coordinated attack. Let's bring that a bit closer to home and look at our own southern border which has been left wide open. It is a fact that terrorists and bad actors have come through in unprecedented numbers in the last few years. They aren't here for a 'better job'. They are here for a purpose.

Politics aside, what is the possibility of a larger number of sleeper cells being activated in this country due to external factors? And what would the targets be? Schools, churches, malls, grocery stores, sporting events, festivals etc. Anywhere there is going to be a large number of unarmed people in which to cause the most destruction/chaos possible.

I think this is a serious consideration from a prep as well as a defense POV.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Since Hamas didn't just wake up and decide to do this last Wednesday, one has to ask if they have already put some elements in place for when the US sticks its nose in their business.

AR Pistol - check
AK - check
12g - check
2 small 9's and a full size and a .45 - check
3 trauma kits - check
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I know our various church security teams throughout are region have been talking. I'm assuming, just like everywhere else in this nation, half the people think that it can't/won't happen here and the other half believe it will happen tomorrow.

As our own team talked, taking steps to be better prepared is never a bad thing. We discussed how we believe an attack would occur here. We came to the conclusion that most attacks would be quick, short in length, and move on to the next spot trying to stay ahead of law enforcement.

We reviewed our processes and found a few that we needed to tighten up on. Hopefully, we never have to find out how good our preparation are, but if something does occur, at least I will know I made a good effort to be ready.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I doubt it will happen here (my little town) on the bay.

But 10 minutes to do a weapon check, trauma kit reminder etc...always in style.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Been reading that the rumor mills have today listed as a day of terror by Hamas, yet no specific targets have been reported.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:11 am Been reading that the rumor mills have today listed as a day of terror by Hamas, yet no specific targets have been reported.
NYPD was on full alert and put everyone, regardless of rank, in uniform and on the street. We've had protests and the 'Squad' in DC is out churning up as much vitriol as they can.

Maintaining preparedness is essential.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I'm glad to this point that everything has stayed calm here in the US. Yet, at what point will that change? Kind of feels like the calm before the storm.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:38 am I'm glad to this point that everything has stayed calm here in the US. Yet, at what point will that change? Kind of feels like the calm before the storm.
I really hope that I'm completely wrong. But looking at the big picture, we have known bad actors crossing the border, an administration moving them all over the country and foreign countries stoking the flames i.e. urging for attacks inside the U.S.

What is happening in Israel isn't just 'over there'. We have Hamas sympathizers here in this country along with the normal 'useful idiots' and Representatives that hate the country they supposedly are serving.

Add all of that up....