Brush hog Disk harrow

Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Brush hog and disc harrow

Post by Mac66 »

We had a drought through most of June. Heavy rain just about every other day so far in July. The grass (and other stuff) is growing fast. It probably grew 4" over the weekend.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

The weather guessers are saying rain tomorrow, we will see.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Supposed to rain Thurs, Sat and Sunday up at the woods house. I'm probably going up tomorrow morning to rototill the yard around the house and plant grass & clover. Hopefully I can get the yard tore up tomorrow and planted on Friday.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Well our day of rain has turned into heat advisors in the area and now a 50% of scattered rain tonight, nothing today.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I did get up to the woods house on Wednesday. My wife and I put in a front walk way using pavers and gravel from the driveway to the front porch. It rained just about every day but there were hours of sunshine as well. I did get the kill plot and the yard tilled and planted. Moved a pile of dirt and one of river rock. Pretty much worked my arse off Wed-Sat but had to be home for a cousin's memorial service today (Sunday) so came home last night.

Got most of the general landscaping around the house done. Got all the planting done.

Next big project is to move a pile of logs from the side of the yard. Probably about 20 big oaks that were cleared from where the house sits. I need to cut them into manageable lengths and then move, stack, cut and split them. I hope to just get them moved and stacked before September.

Have a few more small projects then can start working on the wedding specific projects. I have to build an arbor and do some work around the spot in the woods where the ceremony will be.
Last edited by Mac66 on Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I spent a few hours mowing on Saturday.
20230715_142859-2.jpg
20230715_142859-2.jpg (431.41 KiB) Viewed 36938 times
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Kind of before and after pics of the yard and front walk.

The black dirt on the left was in a pile left by the guys who did the drive way. I spread in the low spots on the lawn. I then rototiled it and then dragged it. The walkway before the paver and gravel.

Dragging a piece of cyclone fence behind the ATV to smooth it out. It started to rain about half way through.

And after dragging and seeding. Also after the pavers and gravel went in the walkway.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

That looks like a beautiful place.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Bmyers wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:20 am That looks like a beautiful place.
It's getting there... :D
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

The food plots are greening up nicely and so is the lawn. Took pics but left them on my camera up at the house except for this on from my phone.