More guns for sale

A place to list items for sale, looking for a good trade or wanting to buy.
Mac66
Board Founder

More guns for sale

Post by Mac66 »

Decided to sell my Xd45. I have 3 other 45s and rarely if ever shoot the XD. In fact I think I've only put 2 mags through it.

Comes with a Storm lake threaded barrel and 6 13 round mags, 4 of which have never been used. Also original box and accessory package which includes a holster, mag carrier and mag loader.

The mags are at least $25-30/ea, SL barrels run $200+ now.

$539 + shipping OBO. I would let just the pistol and 3 mags go for $449

Also selling my vintage (1946) Remington Mod 11 Sportster 12 ga semi auto shotgun. This is the 3 shot version of the iconic Browning designed humpback Mod 11/browning auto 5/ Savage 720. This has an adjustable choke barrel. Barrels interchange between them which makes the price worth it just for the barrel. Excellent condition

$329 + shipping SOLD

Remington Mod 81 semi auto 5 shot, 300 Savage rifle. Another iconic humpback John Browning design. Vintage 1947. The model 8 has a long and illustrious history dating from 1908. It was updated in the late 1930s as the Mod 81. Unique take down rifle. 300 Savage caliber is the forerunner and what the 308 Winchester is based on. Nearly identical ballistics. Comes with an aftermarket rear peep sight (worth $100 alone). Excellent condition.
$879 +shipping

Ruger LC9 original 7 shot 9 mm semi auto. Very smooth double action trigger pull. Comes with one mag. Hogue rubber grips, belt clip. Loaded chamber indicator, manual safety and mag disconnect. Don't like manual safeties? Don't use it if you don't want to. Problem solved. As for the mag disconnect, a revolver won't fire either if it's unloaded.
A 7 shot 9mm pocket gun for a fraction of the price of a 5 shot revolver.
Asking $229 + shipping. Friends and family price is $200.
Last edited by Mac66 on Wed May 31, 2023 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: More guns for sale

Post by Mac66 »

Just sold another gun a S&W Model 10 heavy barrel 38 spl. Old and beat up I picked this up 20+ years ago when a friend of mine bought out a security company in Texas. He had me (an FFL at the time) transfer a box of pistols to Michigan. I got what was left of them after he went through them. This one had no finish left. It reminded me of my first Mod 10 HB service revolver that was issued to me out of the police academy back in 1976.

Yeah, it's missing the grip screw

Wasn't really intended to sell it but I mentioned it on a local gun forum and a guy asked me if I would sell it. It's been sitting in a box in the basement for decades. He offered me way more than I would have sold it for. I was never really into S&W revolvers. Glad to see it go to a good home.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:23 pm Just sold another gun a S&W Model 10 heavy barrel 38 spl. Old and beat up I picked this up 20+ years ago when a friend of mine bought out a security company in Texas. He had me (an FFL at the time) transfer a box of pistols to Michigan. I got what was left of them after he went through them. This one had no finish left. It reminded me of my first Mod 10 HB service revolver that was issued to me out of the police academy back in 1976.

Yeah, it's missing the grip screw

Wasn't really intended to sell it but I mentioned it on a local gun forum and a guy asked me if I would sell it. It's been sitting in a box in the basement for decades. He offered me way more than I would have sold it for. I was never really into S&W revolvers. Glad to see it go to a good home.
Looks just like the M64 I started my career with. Good, solid revolver.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Well, sportsman's Warehouse has the Taurus Gx4 on sale for $279.99 and Taurus has a $50 rebate on them. Thats about $246 OTD with sales tax in my state.

Very tempted to sneak a gun into my farm implement fund.

Repeat to myself...no new guns...no new guns

Found one for sale unfired. The guy was asking $250, talked him down to $220 but still unsure if I'll buy it or not. Taurus just had a recall on Gx4s, not sure if his is involved. The lack of resale value has me concerned.

"No new guns....no new guns...no new guns"
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I did not buy a GX4.

I did sell the model 81 rifle for a very good price and beat up Rossi snub nose 5 shot revolver for a decent (more than I thought I'd get) price. Heck, I got the Rossi for free so anything I could get for it was good.

Just putting up a "Sportarms" 6 shot 38spl. It's one of those cheap German made zinc POS revolvers. Hope to get $100 for it. Missing the grip screw.

Last edited by Mac66 on Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Well, I had no luck selling my XD45 or my LC9 so I took them off the market for now. Will repost them later.

A guy on my local Michigan Gun Owners (MGO) forum is selling a NIB Ruger Wrangler for $150, I offered him $125, purposely low balled him so I wouldn't buy it. He said $130 which is a helluva good price. Now I don't know what to do. I don't need another gun particularly a single action 22. However, I've sold over $3000 worth of guns so it'd be a small bite out of my farm implement fund. Probably have another $2 or 3K worth to sell.

Except for the XD45 which I will lose money on I've sold those guns for 2-3X what I paid for them

So repeat after me.....I don't need another gun, I don't need another gun, I DON"T NEED ANOTHER GUN!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Yeah, I keep saying that as well. Doesn't work a lot of the time but I keep saying it anyway :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I bought a lot of guns in the past just because they were cheap or interesting (historically significant) and cheap. I didn't really need them but they were available and I knew that eventually would be worth more (in some cases, much more) than I paid for them. I think I'm been selling them for 3-4X what I paid for them on average. I've done very well from that standpoint and they have funded much of my tractor stuff that I do need.

Now the mantra is "I don't need another tractor implement". I keep seeing stuff for my tractor that I want, but don't necessarily need...yet.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

BTW, that cheap POS Sportarms hasn't sold. Not even a nibble so I took it down. Going to repost it at a cheaper price.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:22 pm BTW, that cheap POS Sportarms hasn't sold. Not even a nibble so I took it down. Going to repost it at a cheaper price.
Do any aftermarket grips fit on it? Never heard of the brand. Truly a POS or just not popular?