Smallest caliber you'd feel comfortable carrying?

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Smallest caliber you'd feel comfortable carrying?

Post by David »

Bogart wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:02 am I tried 5 yards silhouette target. One barrel hit dead center, the other about a foot higher. I was aiming, strong hand only. I consider that acceptable for what it is.
Definitely sounds like a 'get off me' gun.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: Smallest caliber you'd feel comfortable carrying?

Post by David »

I haven't updated this thread with my new LCP Max. I've had and carried this for several months now and I have to say that I've been very comfortable with it. There are times when it even gets chosen over my P365 or XL. For example, yesterday I was at the new house doing some painting. Had on my old jean shorts and an old T-shirt. As I was going to be up and down a ladder and squatting and sitting on the floor and leaning over and such I simply didn't feel like wearing anything other than the Max. And it did great and I pretty much forgot I had it in an IWB holster at the 4 O'clock position.

I normally carry with the 12-round mag but if I'm in dress slacks for some reason I've been comfortable carrying with the 10-round mag as well.

No, this isn't a 'go to war' pistol but it wasn't designed to be. 12+1 rounds of .380 isn't insubstantial and if I find myself out and about with it instead of the P365 or XL I've felt fine. Didn't think I'd feel that way, but I do.
Attachments
IMG_2139.jpg
IMG_2139.jpg (136.31 KiB) Viewed 398 times
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".