5 Years on Keto...sort of

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
Mac66
Board Founder

5 Years on Keto...sort of

Post by Mac66 »

This month Jan 2023 is the 5 year anniversary of when I started doing Keto. I've done pretty well at least for 4 1/2 years. Kind of went off the wagon last summer when we went on our month long trip to Ireland and cruise to Iceland, Greenland, Newfoundland & Nova Scotia. Too much Guinness and Irish stew in Ireland and the unlimited drink/dining package on the cruise ship kind of did me in. Not to mention deer hunting and another cruise the end of Nov/early Dec and the holidays. I gained 28 lbs since last summer.

So today started my back on the straight and narrow. Hope to get most of the weight off before my knee replacement on Feb 28. I've done it before, I can do it again. Already been back in the gym for a last week.
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: 5 Years on Keto...sort of

Post by tom mac »

Going to the gym before will help... and save the pain killers the hour or so before PT :)
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

It will really help out on the knee surgery recovery. And it's common to jump off the wagon here and there and in some ways isn't a bad thing. Gotta have a 'treat' every now and then.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Moved the fitness stuff to a new thread.
Last edited by Mac66 on Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.