What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2023

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2023

Post by Bmyers »

Added another chainsaw to my resources. Plan on this weekend getting the generator out and letting it run for an hour under load so it will be ready for the Spring storms. Filled up all the gas cans with fresh fuel, that hurt the wallet.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Ended up getting the generator out yesterday afternoon and ran it under a load while I mowed. It fired right up and ran like a champ.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

time to rotate the gas storage.... using pure gas this year ( found a local dealer ), no more ethanol crap.
You can't fix stupid !
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

1. started the rotation of the spare gasoline.

2. I took down two expensive Moroccan carpets from the attic. The brand new one is going to my brother in law tomorrow. The other one was used and cleaned before being stored. I will lay it out. I continue to downsize. I will have dinner with the girlfriend's son this weekend. It will be his last reminder to come and get equipment (vise, dremel set, hatchets, aaw, gardening implements, etc) or the Boy Scouts will get a call in two weeks after I photograph things as a donation.

3. I am into repainting the house interior. Was quoted $10,800. I will spend less than $800 on chemicals/paints. My goals are always: 1. move in condition, and not doing repairs for at least 5 years. Lived in this house 43 years.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Tomato plants went into the ground this weekend. Preparation made for more plants to go into the ground this coming weekend.

Worked out at the farm and made repairs to the barn, some tin had blown off with all the winds. In addition, we fixed some fences that had come down.

Going to be planting some potatoes at the farm and just seeing how they grow on there own with no care. Dad said they used to grow them along the hillside all the time. The would harvest in the fall and actually leave some in the ground and they would grow back the following year. So, we figured we would give it try.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

A couple of weeks ago, I had a misstep and injured my leg, slowing me down on the clean out.

The good news is that my first choice painter (fairly unreliable in showing) will come tomorrow morning. So, I will have maybe two painters in this week and get the house painted for probably the last time inside - after 43 years in the house.

The other good news is that my girlfriend's son will take the second Moroccan carpet. When you walk into his house, the is an non perceptible drop in the floor level. This means that people visiting can and will stumble. By putting the rug at the base of the step-down {the carpet is about 3 feet by 10 feet long[} the guests will avoid injury.

I was able to locate a box of about 50 kitchen knives with covers/sheaths that I restored and which have no special collector value to them. I will sort through and donate some to the local elementary school and the balance to the boy scouts.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Sorry to hear about your leg injury. Hope it heals quickly.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Got the GHB kits all situated for our vehicle. Checked all the flashlight batteries. Cleaned out the water bottles and replaced. Plenty of room for all the stuff I want to tote around and it's easy to put in and take out when needed.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bogart

Post by Bogart »

I changed out my vehicle ghb's from winter gear the summer gear. Cleaned out the garden from the winter and getting ready to plant
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Had the ladder to the attic repaired. In 43 years, I have had it replaced once and repaired twice now. I have gleaned, cleaned and repacked the attic twice during the shutdown. I am going through it the third time.

Why three times? It takes a while to get ruthless in getting rid of gear.