What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2023

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2023

Post by David »

Okay guys, new year and new possibilities. :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2023

Post by tom mac »

Already looking at more canning ( mason type jars ) of high acidity foods ( easiest to do ). We do a couple of cases a year for freq used items.
Looking into a pressure cooker type for the non-acidic foods to avoid over stocking the freezer.
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

My prepping goals this are to get my storage building at the new house organized and set up properly, straighten out the garage at the new house as well. And...get the old house ready to sell.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I ordered some tool chest/organizers to get my tools better organized so when they are needed I'm not having to dig through everything.

I think this years theme will be better organization so we know what we have and where it is at.

Also, for Christmas my wife got the family a small battery electrical generator and solar panel to charge it. Nothing very fancy, but enough that we could run some fans or plug in the deep freezer if needed. Just another layer of preparedness.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I want to be able to find my two battery chargers :lol:

Still missing the Nitecore lithium ion chargers. I have a small one but it's not as good as the two larger chargers. At least I have the regular charger so I can charge the Eneloop batteries.

Somewhere in the garage....
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I sorted through the flashlights, batteries and chargers.

Background:For
1. The items have been accumulated over the years. For example, I had top grade 2 AA/AAA battery chargers. However, I needed an 8 unit charger to deal with 3 8 unit outdoor motion detectors. So, now I had an excess of quality chargers.
2. I had flash lights that took 18650 batteries. Some of the units could take a 3 unit AAA replacement battery unit.
3. I did not know what units could or would take adapter units.
4. I hadn't noted which lights took a flat head 18650 battery and which took a button 18650 baatery.

Now I have
1. 3 packages for future gifts. Includes an 18650 light, note as to which 18650 battery it takes, AA/AAA wall charger (tested).
2. 1 package , as described, for a reserve for myself.
3. Every 18650 light tested, with a note as to whether it takes a flat top or a button top battery. It it takes an adapter unit, it is included.
4. #3 and if it is a Sipik sk98, one or two charged 18650 batteries in a 2 unit case.
5. # and if it is not a Sipik 98, one or two non charged 18650 batteries in a 2 unit case

Rechargeable batteries are expensive, no kidding. Just one of those packages costs over $50, including taxes, but no batteries included. An 18650 charger is also expensive. So, the gift packages allow the lights to use standard AAA batteries and the recipient can take on the burden of getting the batteries. An 18650 battery charger is about $12.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I want to take a fresh look at my sling bag contents. Need to make sure the batteries are GTG. Make sure the aspirin and such is fresh. Check the flashlight and spare mags.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Charging up batteries that haven't been charged up for a while.

tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Picked up a couple of cases of canning jars/lids.....
looking to fill later on in year when garden gets going.
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Been working on the GHB for the vehicle. Found my old police baton and put that on the driver's side. Love a straight baton ever since the academy.