DeSantis expects Florida lawmakers to pass 'constitutional carry' gun law in 2023

For all discussion related to politics issues.
David
Administrator

DeSantis expects Florida lawmakers to pass 'constitutional carry' gun law in 2023

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: DeSantis expects Florida lawmakers to pass 'constitutional carry' gun law in 2023

Post by Bmyers »

While Florida is moving forward, our Illinois dictators are working on passing one of the most restrictive gun bans in the nation.

Basically outlawing all rifles, most semi-auto shotguns, and about a third of pistols. Plus, a magazine ban and no scary things on any of your firearms.

It is all for the children.

The Illinois Senate President closed yesterday's session with the remarks "we will see you in court". Nice of him to be so free with taxpayers money knowing that they will be challenged and lose.

I sure wish we could give Chicago to Canada.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: DeSantis expects Florida lawmakers to pass 'constitutional carry' gun law in 2023

Post by Mac66 »

The DemocRATS won the senate in the last election and our DemocRAT governor is already talking about more gun laws. Even though Michigan is a fairly free state when is comes to guns.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:03 am While Florida is moving forward, our Illinois dictators are working on passing one of the most restrictive gun bans in the nation.

Basically outlawing all rifles, most semi-auto shotguns, and about a third of pistols. Plus, a magazine ban and no scary things on any of your firearms.

It is all for the children.

The Illinois Senate President closed yesterday's session with the remarks "we will see you in court". Nice of him to be so free with taxpayers money knowing that they will be challenged and lose.

I sure wish we could give Chicago to Canada.
Technically speaking, if they pass a law that they know will be overturned as unconstitutional they have in effect violated their oath of office and should be removed as well as charged with the crime.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I fully agree.

Several Senators and Representatives have come out and publicly stated that they will not comply with this unconstitutional law.

The governor threatened them and said he would send the State police. They responded go for it, because we will becoming after you for breaking your oath.

Already this morning, two counties have released statements signed by their respective sheriff and state attorney saying they will not be enforcing this law.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out because the legislators have made themselves exempt from lawsuits, but the police officers are not exempted from being sued both professionally and privately for enforcing an unconstitutional law. Lawyers are already advertising for clients.

I think the lawyers will make a nice sum of money off this fiasco.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

The Illinois Sheriff's Association came out against the bill and opposes enforcing it. Multiple Sheriffs and State Attorneys have released official statements stating that they will not be enforcing this law due to it being unconstitutional. The first one was released this morning and is quickly spreading.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Good. Sheriff's are the top L.E. officers of there counties and the final say. This really needs to blow up (figuratively) on the Governor and those that voted for it. Bring it to the courts, declare it unconstitutional, investigate to see if those officials knew and deliberately broke their oath and then go after them criminally.

It's the only way to hold them accountable and send a message that the people are the final authority, not them.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

As far as Florida is concerned, the Governor has signaled he would sign the bill into law. But it has to get past the Rinos. We'll see if it does or not.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Good luck with your bill.

This morning when I woke up more SA and Sheriffs have released statements. The map is quickly turning all green.

From the litigation side, it appears three different major gun groups are going after the law, one Law firm announced that they are going after the procedural process because the Senate violated the process and the rules/laws (I'm not to up on this area, so not sure except the law firm said they were filing suit against the process, but not the law (still it would overturn the law)). In addition, it appears that the SAs in the State are talking and deciding if they will each do individual lawsuits or if they will file jointly as a group.

My guess is that the State will move to have all cases combined because they will argue that they don't have the resources to deal with them all.

The Governor released a statement that he would be removing all law enforcement that doesn't enforce the law. Since he doesn't have the authority to do that, all he has done is now made that group mad at him.

Not very often am I proud to be from Illinois, but watching how the sheriffs are standing up gives me a little pride in my State.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »