Diving

The section for hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and all of our outdoor adventures. This section includes gardening and the harvesting of game and other edibles.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Diving

Post by Bmyers »

Sounds like an enjoyable time.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Sounds like fun...

Yes, getting into a boat with 6ft waves can be a challenge... it comes down to a bit of good timing for the ladder ( fins on the arms )
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

tom mac wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:11 am Sounds like fun...

Yes, getting into a boat with 6ft waves can be a challenge... it comes down to a bit of good timing for the ladder ( fins on the arms )
Well...I handed my fins up but sometimes its better to take off your bcd/tank and hand it up along with your fins. I could have/ they asked, but didn't either time and smashed my shin into the ladder the second time getting back on board. Have about a 6" scrape/bruise on my shin. My bad.

I now have 26 dives under my belt.

Not sure if we'll fit another cruise/dive in this year. We like to go between Thanksgiving and Christmas and early February when its cheapest. We'll keep our eyes open but cruise prices have jumped significantly this year.

We have do another cruise booked the end of January in '24 which we booked last year when the price was reasonable.
Last edited by Mac66 on Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Checked out last min cruises here... usu you can pick something up.... But boat was FILLED even with the higher prices
But, will get to dive again soon.
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

tom mac wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:46 am Checked out last min cruises here... usu you can pick something up.... But boat was FILLED even with the higher prices
But, will get to dive again soon.
We use Cru Con as our online travel agent. Even if we book while on board they will transfer it to Cru Con so we get the perks they offer. They also have sales 3 or 4 times a year.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I'm a heavy duty Snorkler. Never Been diving.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Don't kid your self... a good snorkler can out do many divers...
My best was a 65 ft free dive for a shell, ( 12 lbs weight to counteract lungs )... Just made it back up.
You can't fix stupid !
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I've been 40-50 feet free diving at least. One time I was with some friends using Scuba...

After they came up the guy goes "Bob, where did you go? I was going to show you something cool"

My response: "I had to breathe."

When I was a) Younger b) Cycling and c) Doing freaky Chinese martial arts I could hold my breathe for quite a while. 2 minutes was nothing.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Yes... it sucks getting old here too :)
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

My next dive will be on a cruise the end of Jan in '24. I did 12 dives last year, 4 dives this year, all on cruises. Actually only have 2 dives planned on one cruise. If we do any more cruises next year I'll add dives. I only dive when on cruises.
Last edited by Mac66 on Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.