New Knee?

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: New Knee?

Post by Mac66 »

Final visit to the Physical Therapist today @ 6 weeks and 2 days. Pretty much just went over what I should be doing at home exercises and and final measurements. So I graduated from PT and am on my own. Knee is noticeably looser and more flexible than even last week. No longer hurts to walk on it, though it still gets tired faster. Gets better every day.

I did 40 minutes on the treadmill, elliptical, bike and stair stepper yesterday (10 minutes each). Will add 5 minute ea. tomorrow and start working back up to 30 minutes each which I was doing before the surgery.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Sounds like you are doing fine!
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

We are headed down to the Smokey Mountains next week to visit some friends along the way and try and do some hiking. I hiked at 10 weeks with my first knee replacement, hoping to do the same this time, with the understanding I'm 12 years older this time. I think I'm in better shape this time though.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Good luck on your trip.