New Building

From clothing to man-made to commercial shelters.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: New Building

Post by Mac66 »

Bmyers wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:45 am Sorry to hear about all the struggle. It is a shame that finding good service is so difficult anymore.
Even so it's going to be awesome when done. I'm sitting here back in the city missing my woods and the colors changing. Heading back up tomorrow for the opening of bow season on Saturday.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Yes, you will have a very nice place to enjoy.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Was up there over the weekend, colors reaching peak in a few more days.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Our colors are just starting to change. I'm afraid it will be a short cycle for us since we have been a few weeks without a decent rain. I think everything is going to change and drop quick.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Colors were pretty much at peak over the weekend and the leaves were just starting to drop. Had the whole family (kids, brothers, sister, nieces, nephews) up at the house for an Octoberfest AKA Mactoberfest celebration on Saturday. Best weather and colors in a long time.

I have to laugh at that picture. The pop up blind at the far end of the field is so bleached out from the sun that it stands out like a sore thumb. Been sitting there pretty much all summer and fall.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Some beautiful colors.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Reporting. I am about to set a world record in mechanic promises. One year. Two weeks ago, I received a call from the contractor - "soon".

It kind of reminds me of my experience with the company (gone through many name changes since then) General Telephone. Worked at a company for years in Santa Monica, always calling about phone deficiencies. On close to the last day at work, I called what is called GTE. The lady asked me where I was. I responded that if she went out the back door, looked south in the alley at the two story building on the east side of the alley, I was standing in the window waving!

Yeah, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink (unless you brick it).
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Well, I guess we will see what 2023 brings for you and if you can get anyone to show up next year. Maybe it will be completed in time for your great-great-grandkids to enjoy it.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

A 2023 update.....

Just finished the deck off the back of the house it's 24x24' so kinda of big. We found a guy "Handy Dan", a handyman who built an extension onto our porch last fall. He did a good job so we had him build the deck.

Originally it was supposed to be a patio with pavers etc. All the quotes we got were extremely expensive. Then we were just going to pour a cement slab. Got a quote...again, way to expensive to get a cement truck back into the woods.

While we were figuring out what to do. Dan contacted us in late May and said he had a week open in July and if we had anything we needed done he could fit us in. My wife and I looked at each other and said "patio". He came out and said he thought a deck would fit the woodsy design of the house and would be the cheapest option. It would be free standing i.e, not attached to the house so wouldn't need a building permit. He gave us a good price and when he saw my tractor knocked $500 off if I would move a pile of dirt on his vacation property which is about 10 miles away. I said yes. Took him 4 days, by himself to build the deck.

My daughter is getting married at the woods house in Sept so we are working hard to get all the landscaping and house stuff done. The deck will be where the bar and gathering place will be. The ceremony itself will be in a clearing in the woods and dinner/dancing etc will be on the lawn under a big tent.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I have a plumber who lives two blocks away. He and I finally put in a new dryer vent line about a month ago. 2.5 years after the original guy had promised. Ran into the original guy at the supermarket last week. Told him that the job was done.