Skin cancer

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
bdcochran

Skin cancer

Post by bdcochran »

The average American has 4 basal cell cancers during a lifetime. Non fatal. Usually caused by sun exposure. The best prevention/methodology are a hat, suntan lotion and whole body scans. My last whole body scan was in January. I now have my fourth on my arm.

Sure, you will have them no matter how careful you are.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Skin cancer

Post by Mac66 »

Well shoot, I guess it's not a matter of if you get skin cancer, but when.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Finally got in and had the latest basal cell removed. The scheduled appointee before me didn't show, so I had the doctor perform a second surgery on me. The best thing is that Kaiser has changed it charges. No charge for either surgery. No charge earlier this year when I had 5 Kaiser appointments in one day - and no parking charges! Life is good! :D
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

My wife had a spot develop on the end of her nose and had to it removed. She delivers mail everyday and the doctor told her she needed to be wearing a hat.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

The nose surgery is pronounced "Mohs surgery". It is a three hour process. The patient is awake the entire time. The doctor removes a layer of skin, then it is lab analysed in the next room.