2024 Election

For all discussion related to politics issues.
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: 2024 Election

Post by tom mac »

Bmyers wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:48 am I'm surprised Biden has made it this far in his term.
Please...if he drops we get Kamala
You can't fix stupid !
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Just pointing out...I made my call, publicly in Sept 22.

As we are now 7 months later....I'm sticking with it.

The Repubs will run Trump, because Trump cares about Trump - not anything else (Not America, not Freedom, not God, not you, not me...). If the party does not select him, he will run on his own and sink anyone running against him as a Republican. Then he will blame the Republican party.

DeSantis (Who I like but wouldn't vote for - he's a player in the $/Power sense of things) is very wisely laying all the foundation work, but not committing until he knows what will become of the Don, to avoid being the the guy in the previously mentioned Scenario.

I think everyone underestimates how much many people hate Trump and how easy it is to generate that (Doesn't help that Trump throws gas on that fire himself).

We are gonna get Trump/Biden again - unless The Machine gets its act together and makes Trump non-viable. And we all underestimate how much The Powers That Be - The American Oligarchs - appear to like an easily manipulable Biden. Not to mention CHina's support of a weak America.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I don't think Trump is electable, just like the last time. I did vote for him the last time (but not the first time) because of what he did for the economy, employment etc, etc. As a person however he is an embarrassment and I don't think electable again.

DeSantis would be my choice though I'm interested in Nikki Haley as well. It may very well be a choice between Harris and Haley.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I would like to see a Trump DeSantis tick, then the following election a DeSantis Haley election for two terms and then a Haley and a player to be named later.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

yes ! ( above )
You can't fix stupid !
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Mac66 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:08 pm I don't think Trump is electable, just like the last time. I did vote for him the last time (but not the first time) because of what he did for the economy, employment etc, etc. As a person however he is an embarrassment and I don't think electable again.

DeSantis would be my choice though I'm interested in Nikki Haley as well. It may very well be a choice between Harris and Haley.
As I have said - not being "In the game" or "On a team" I think the Trump fans really underestimate how much many dislike him. Not to mention the Republican party.

Desantiss ticket with Trump on top has a LOT to like. Except Trump will never do it.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Bob wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:18 pm
Mac66 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:08 pm I don't think Trump is electable, just like the last time. I did vote for him the last time (but not the first time) because of what he did for the economy, employment etc, etc. As a person however he is an embarrassment and I don't think electable again.

As I have said - not being "In the game" or "On a team" I think the Trump fans really underestimate how much many dislike him. Not to mention the Republican party.

Desantiss ticket with Trump on top has a LOT to like. Except Trump will never do it.
Whether Trump lost the last election or it was stolen from him, he can't win this time. Time for him to step aside and give someone with a chance of beating Brandon a shot. He's just too derisive. I and no one on my family who voted for him the last time would vote for him again.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I know that, you know that, but Trump doesn't know that.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Depending on the up coming events / trials against him... I think it may push independents over to him for a win.
You can't fix stupid !
JDH

Post by JDH »

Mac66 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:56 am Desantis would be my choice.
De Santis is right where he can do the most good for now. Also once elected president your political career is all but over. As a caller to a local talk show said he is to young to waste at this point. Now if you De Santis types can wait one more election cycle I'll be all in with you it 2028.