2024 Election

For all discussion related to politics issues.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: 2024 Election

Post by Bob »

And Biden has announced. We are yet one step closer to a rematch.

Trump is a Narcissistic Jack@$$ and Biden has Dementia, not mention some criminal issues.

They are both pathetic as leaders. As an American, I shall vote for neither. If it comes down to the two of them, I am going to run for President.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I think there are plenty of people in this country who are fed up with both Democrats and Republicans. May be time for a third party candidate to step up and actually have a chance however unlikely that may be.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Bob wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:20 pm If it comes down to the two of them, I am going to run for President.
there is always a write-in vote :)
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Mac66 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:46 pm I think there are plenty of people in this country who are fed up with both Democrats and Republicans. May be time for a third party candidate to step up and actually have a chance however unlikely that may be.
Continuing that thought, The Republicans and Democratic parties are so entrenched both financially and physiologically that it's nearly impossible for a third party to have much impact except as a spoiler. Ross Perot stole enough Republican voters from GWB that we ended up with Clinton for two terms.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

tom mac wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:49 am
Bob wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:20 pm If it comes down to the two of them, I am going to run for President.
there is always a write-in vote :)
True Fact: There is NOT always the write in vote.

There are states where writes in's are simply not allowed. In many others, you are required to get on the ballot via a number of means, but usually signatures and a fee.

The sigs and fees are considerably higher than those of the RNC/DNC.

Not exactly fair....
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:20 pm They are both pathetic as leaders.
Really? I seem to recall energy independence, low fuel prices, vastly more secure border that was becoming more secure by the week, no new wars, record after record in the markets, stepping into N. Korea as well as taming their little leader and a whole host of other achievements.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I will agree the Energy situation was better / lower fuel prices (Too low in some situaitons, which actually contributed to inflation to come)

The Border issue is relative. Our border was unsecure then and he really basically turned the hose down from 100% to 90%. So that's a lot of media perception; No one in our government want the border closed, and it isn't. When you put a bandaid on someone bleeding out and say look - the gusher stopped! No...they are still bleeding out and we are NOT in control of our border. (One of my first things as president.

He didn't start any new wars, but he also didn't end the ones we were in.

The Market is the Market and will do what it does pretty much +/- whatever a President does. Major economic education failure in America - lack of understanding how little POTUS has to do with that (As they want ti to be)

Agree on the North Korea thing. But...a) North Korea is NOT a threat to the US - .Gov (both sides) simply use it as a boogey man / excuse) and again, b) No lasting progress was made.

Because he couldn't shut his mouth long enough to get people to vote for him again. Again - in that "Epic great leadership" and results he had going on...you'd think he would of have been a show in for term 2. Yet he wasn't. A grey haired old man gave him a serious win - and beat him (cheat or not - again, a GOOD leader would have been supported in showing election evidence. Most judges didn't even bother to look.)

And lets don't forget - Ushered in the Clot Shot...

Plus, don't forget - he was the continuer of Obama economic policy and the creator of "give money away" which was the foundation of the inflation we see today.

And two of the MOST simple things to do - Denounce White Supremecy, and tell the Protesters the truth "That the certification was over - there is nothing to do here; we'll fight this other ways and go home" he couldn't do because he is a raging narcissist. To be fair, most others in/for that job are sociopaths...

A good leader can't communicate as badly as he did, and they can't be that divisive. A Good Furher can, but we don't have that. That does not mean he didn't do anything good. But as always - some of it was uniquely him (more so than many presidents), a lot of it was just the timing (He was president when good stuff occurred), and the rest was not so good - for most people. If you can't bring people/parties together in our environment, you will fail - especially true for a populist in any situation.

I think if you had a list of his actual stated goals, you'll see he didn't achieve most of them. They would have took more than one term, thus he failed the MOST important thing - get a second term to - how does Biden say it? - Finish the job.

By any definition, he is not a good leader. That doesn't mean he didn't do some things you liked. He is a giant selfish spouting man-baby, who makes some very good business decisions sometimes. If he is "king" of his company, that works out. As a Government Leader, not so much.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Here is a list of Leadership competencies. Trump is severely lacking in many of them. So no one should be surprised at his performance.
- For the record, my bar for "Performance" is not "Better than democrats" it is much higher than that

https://www.aihr.com/blog/leadership-competencies/
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

1. Social Intelligence (SI) - He is pretty good at this.

2. Conflict management - Massive failure. He actual invites and enjoys conflict, refuses to acknowledge when he loses, blaming others, and attacks people. This leads to nothing but conflict, not progress.

3. Decision-making - Hit or miss. Generally, pretty good when he is in his element, can be worse when he is not. Case in point, he decided on advisors based on Loyalty, not competence or knowledge. Thus his cabinet was revolving door operation of idiots.

4. Sharing a compelling vision - Excelled at this

5. Change management - Can't assess, but overall he is an "edict" kind of guy, so that absolutely works, but only as far as you have the authority. Obama was the opposite - incredible change management guy. Just no plan! So also fail

Effective leaders know how to prepare, support, and guide their people through these various organizational changes.

Competencies for leading others
6. Interpersonal skills - His interpersonal skills are weak.

7. Emotional Intelligence (EI) - Also weak

8. Being a good coach & being trustworthy - He is not trustworthy. To be fair no other politicians are either.

9. Inclusiveness - I would generally say this is Woke BS. But the ability to not alienate people is key for running a country where individualism is high. In a two party system, alienate the other side, and you are already at fail. The "Work with the other side" thing is critical in this situation.

11. (Learning) Agility - I think he is really good at this.

Good leaders also have the ability to continually learn, unlearn, and relearn, also referred to as learning agility. They know how important it is to keep developing, growing, and using new strategies to tackle the increasingly complex problems they face in their organizations.

12. Industry knowledge/expertise - Industry, yes. Government industry, no - and we saw it.

13. Managing yourself - Again, can't shut his mouth, can't stop tweeting, has the need to answer things he knows nothing about, calling names, blaming others. Fail

14. Courage - I'll give him this one.

15. Organizational citizenship behavior - This is another fluffy one, but look at the things that make it up.

The five most common types of OCB are:
Altruism – This occurs when an employee helps or assists another employee without expecting anything in return;
Courtesy – This is polite and considerate behavior towards other people.
Sportsmanship – This is about being able to deal with situations that don’t go as planned and to not demonstrate negative behavior when that happens.
Conscientiousness – In a work setting, this means that employees don’t just show up on time and stick to deadlines, but that they, for instance, also plan ahead before they go on holiday so that their colleagues won’t be drowning in a big workload.
Civic virtue – This is about how an employee supports their company when they’re not in an official capacity. Civic virtue can be demonstrated by employees signing up for business events such as fundraisers, or running a (semi) marathon for a charity with a team of co-workers
Leaders need to set a good example to inspire others. *** He set far more examples of how to polarize and offend others on a daily basis.

Again - as Large and In Charge owner/rule of a private Business, you can operate very effectively without a lot of those things. As the leader of an executive branch, or in a publicly owned company, you really need to be aware of these things and demonstrate more than average levels of them to be successful.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

True - Not only did the Democrats go to war with him, but the Republican PArty did not support him either. Again, he was a populist President and that is not surprising.

We won't ever know how effective he could have been. But we do know that half of his problem was of his own making. He managed to say stupid things on a daily basis that gave the Left ammo to assault him constantly, and said things that the right could easily disavow as not supporting at face value.

Those things relate to 1/3 or 1/2 of those competencies above. Thus - Trump is not a good leader.