Home Improvements

From clothing to man-made to commercial shelters.
Strayz

Home Improvements

Post by Strayz »

Home improvements.

So along with last years wrap up to the middle of winter I decided that This summer I was going to make a few improvements.

1. Home generator, not a little portable, but one that I can power the house with. So this summer I installed a 14KW NG/propane generator and the extreame cold weather kit for it as well. It is installed and I have 3, 1 hour run cycles on it. Setting it up now for a Bi-weekly 15 minute test and checkup. Primary fuel is NG and I have 2, 90's in the shed with the generator. The shed is very open so when the generator is running it is not going to over heat nor be a CO2 danger. Side note adding a home generator can increase the value of your home by up to 15% when you sell your home according to a realtor and electrician that I spoke to about the install. (Neither knew each other so it was interesting to hear how it effects home value.)

2. Clear security film for all the window glass. A few people have asked me why, and I point out the section of fence I had to replace that was 2, 6Ft by 8 Ft good neighbors fence sections that were 4x4 construction that were blown down in the back yard and into my front yard with out touching the fence on the side of the house, or my home. So something that might stop branches and other things from flying through closed windows making them open windows, was in order. I chose the 8mil thickness. Lets hope it never gets tested.

3. Cleaned up the yard from all brush and things that could impact living or require home owners insurance claims. Secured the Grill, prepped the lawn mower for winter and prepped the snow thrower for use. With the temps in the lower 40's this week, the time is now to get ready.

4. Placed a new threshold for the Garage door as I noticed some water getting blown in this summer.

Things I will replace next summer,
Front patio, somehow they did not use pressure treated wood for the entryway. /boggle.

Epoxy the floor in the garage to keep the floor from taking damage.

Pull out the Dog run on the side of the house. I don't have any dogs living with me at this time.

Plant a few trees on the other side of the fence. (Green space that need more green, County property so not one is going to complain much. )
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.