New Bugout Vehicle

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Re: New Bugout Vehicle

Post by David »

You're almost a month into it now, how are you liking it?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Loving it so far. First couple tanks averaging about 34mpg. Can't beat that with AWD. My Kia Soul only got 29mpg.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

We finally decided to upgrade. The 2008 Kia Sportage was a good vehicle but was starting to have issues. I wanted my son to have a better car so I gave him my 2017 Chevy Equinox. Wife and I purchased a 2019 Chevy Traverse. It's the next size up from the Equinox. Haven't driven it enough yet to establish a base line on mileage but we like the drive and the size.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Congratulations. It's always nice to upgrade.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

A Vehicle in tip top shape is a critical prep always!
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Still holding on to my 2015 Tacoma Quad cab.... got 2 offers for more than I paid recently.
But with only 10k miles on it, it will last a LONG time.
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

David wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:12 am We finally decided to upgrade. The 2008 Kia Sportage was a good vehicle but was starting to have issues. I wanted my son to have a better car so I gave him my 2017 Chevy Equinox. Wife and I purchased a 2019 Chevy Traverse. It's the next size up from the Equinox. Haven't driven it enough yet to establish a base line on mileage but we like the drive and the size.
We've had the 'new' vehicle about 4 months now and I have to say I'm liking it very much. Just a tad higher up than the Equinox and its a really smooth ride.

Had a bit of transmission trouble early, not uncommon in a Chevy from what I researched. It's under warranty of course and they did a good job of getting it squared away.

I've averaging about the same mileage as the Equinox which I'm very happy to see. I try to drive really smooth and I don't speed so I normally exceed the rated mileage. The Traverse is rated for something like 19/24 but I've been getting 'about' 24/38.

Son is of course enjoying the Equinox and it's a big upgrade for him from the Kia Sportage.

tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Thinking of our next vehicle... the 2008 rav may have another year or two.
Question is to keep a all round vehicle as a spare, having a sports car, pickup, mc... do the two of us need an extra ( for winter )
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:44 am Thinking of our next vehicle... the 2008 rav may have another year or two.
Question is to keep a all round vehicle as a spare, having a sports car, pickup, mc... do the two of us need an extra ( for winter )
Make a decision yet?

As noted above, we're very happy with the Traverse. Coming up on it's first oil change, probably next week. I also purchased driving lights for it but I'll need to get them installed.

Have my GHB kits all set up in the back as well now.

tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Not sure yet IF another vehicle is needed... there are the two of us with 4 vehicles ( 2 are toys; mc and sports car ).
So the main vehicles are the '08 rav and '15 Quad Tacoma.
Rav at 105k with oil usage ( a bad yr as they had wrong rings ) and Tacoma with just 10k.

Still wondering if the Rav needs replacement in a yr or two.... might just settle not replacing and use the truck more for grandkids.
You can't fix stupid !