New issue with China vs Taiwan

For all discussion related to politics issues.
tom mac
Board Founder

New issue with China vs Taiwan

Post by tom mac »

Does anyone feel this China issue is going to get bigger... ?
Or will the US just sit by the side?

see;
China’s Ministry of Commerce on Tuesday encouraged families to stockpile essential supplies, prompting panic-buying across the country.
“Taking Taiwan might only take half a day to one day, maximum three to five days,” a resident in the central city of Zhengzhou, who only gave his surname Wang, told VICE World News. “But if foreign hostile forces place a blockade against our country, the goods would not be able to enter China, and prices would go up.”
You can't fix stupid !
bdcochran

Re: New issue with China vs Taiwan

Post by bdcochran »

The PRC already has big problems. Without going into all the problems on a macro level, here are the current problems on a local level and why people aren't getting bent out of shape this instant.
1. the bank problems have access to credit cards and cash withdrawals arising at different parts of the country;
2. the Covid shutdowns are abrupt, last a long time. People are literally locked in buildings or locked in areas with no access to work, supermarkets and are expected to pay on loans that are not dischargeable in bankruptcy.
3. In your neighborhood, you can go and buy all kinds of canned foods in bulk. That is simply not done in China.
When your government has locked you up capriciously for the last couple of years,had banks not giving you your money, this announcement by the Ministry is nothing new for YOU to panic about.

When you have dummy off the street parroting the line that it will only take 5 days to conquer Taiwan, YOU should understand how tightly the internet, the radio, the television, the newspapers are controlled.

Heck, I was there in the '70's. It hasn't changed. It is still a totalitarian state. The Party has had 70 years to control the thinking. People have no real idea of what exists outside the mainland. The top is corrupt. It is not ideological. It is money grubbing, do what is best for my immediate family and the top people are only motivated by what's in a deal for them personally.

If a person thinks that Nancy Pelosi was only interested in protecting democracy, that person was born under a cabbage leaf. Her district is Chinatown SF which is controlled in its politics by the PRC, not by Taiwan. Her action was deliberate and coordinated. As the leader of the House Democrats since 2003 and multiple times as Speaker, do you really think that her concern was newfound and pure?
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

I know NOTHING she does is without reason...

But, thinking along lines of trade issues down the road if US has some minor tussles wit PCR
Remember Taiwan make 90% or so of high end chips
You can't fix stupid !
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Responding to TomMac's concerns:

1. Whether a leader is labeled a Communist, a Democrat or a Republican, he most probably thinks of himself first, his family second, his clan third and then the rest. Because the answer would be so obvious to a person who views the world in this manner, take an educated guess where Chairman's Xi's daughter went to college and got her degree.

2. Trade issues. The PRC does not have an American conception of patents, copyrights, unfair competition, private property ownership, bankruptcy.

3. In February 1972, the PRC had certain trade advantages over the US:
a. a cheap labor pool;
b. a lack of property rights, working safety measures, and evironmental safeguards meant that factories could quickly and cheaply be constructed.

4. In February 1972, the PRC had certain trade disadvantages visa vie the US
a. lack of an educated labor pool;
b. a language which lacked an alphabet
5. In February 2022, 300,000 PRC college graduates are attending US junior colleges, colleges and universities and studying the hard sciences in English. They are not majoring in social science, psychology, political science, ethnic studies, women studies, physical education, history, philosophy, art appreciation.criminal justice, dental assistant, motorcycle repair.

The reality is simple. You will eventually have a war through miscalculation and a lack of alternatives. It is little known that there was a deal to avoid WW1. However, the Russian representative died unexpectedly and no one was available to sign. Just happens.

61% of American families live from paycheck to pay check. Conversely, the average savings of a Chinese worker is over 30%! Why? There is no social security,no general relief, no stimulus payments in the PRC. Virtually no one pays income tax. If you are going to buy a house, you are going to buy it before it is built. If you want to stop paying, you can't declare bankruptcy. The debt follows you the rest of your life. It affects your employment, you get denied things like long distance train tickets.

When I am trying to communicate is that both societies are screwed up, misrun and are going have nearly insurmountable problems if they start fighting.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Interesting info.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:38 am Does anyone feel this China issue is going to get bigger... ?
Or will the US just sit by the side?
There will be a 'scare event' coming up. This may be it. However, it's under control.

I'm curious if an invasion of Taiwan is going to reveal similar things to Russia's invasion of Ukraine i.e. exposing bio-weapon labs used by the bad guys?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I wonder if China has re-evaluated their military since they got to watch firsthand how much of a disaster the Russian invasion has been.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

I think a minor event will happen with Taiwan before the next major election ( due to Binden in office ).

Thinking along lines of how it will effect me and family. Cause of same, am going over my supplies and increasing some items.
Nothing major, but some items that weren't available back during covid.
Used up my spare grain alcohol , so that is one of the first items :)
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:28 am I wonder if China has re-evaluated their military since they got to watch firsthand how much of a disaster the Russian invasion has been.
?

Russia has been accomplishing every goal they've set. Don't fall for what the MSM is saying i.e. Russia is bad/losing/committing atrocities etc. It's all fake news.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Interesting since I don't watch any of those news agencies. I have watched a lot of YouTube videos, which can't be vetted I guess, that shows lots of destroyed Russian equipment and my favorites are the ones with tractors dragging around Russian marked tanks.

My guess is that both sides of any war uses lots of propaganda. Although, my assumption, Russia may still be accomplishing their goal, I don't believe they are accomplishing it in the format/style they wanted to accomplish it in.