Peanut lighter to the rescue

From primitive methods to advanced tools, everything you need to start a fire.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Peanut lighter to the rescue

Post by Bmyers »

We were at the farm today to burn some brush. I thought the wife grabbed the lighter, she thought I did.

Well, we stood there looking at each other and I headed over to the EDC bag. Out came the peanut lighter, which I couldn't tell you the last time I filled it or checked it. It fired up.

Used it to light the brush fire and when I got home, I made sure to fill it back up.
David
Administrator

Re: Peanut lighter to the rescue

Post by David »

Handy little item isn't it :D
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

When we went looking to see what we had to start the fire, we ended up with the peanut lighter, to Bic lighters from the bags, bottle of windproof matches, and three mag sticks and strikers. Plus, we each had one on our key chains. So, it was nice to see when we forget to hit the easy button, that we still had multiple ways of getting the fire started.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

It's a good feeling when you know you have multiple layers of prep is some areas. I carry my Zippo of course and have a peanut lighter on my 'survival' key chain as well as a disposable lighter, ferro rod and fire-starter wafers in my EDC sling bag.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".