Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by Bob »

Foxx grips - Amazon
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Mac66 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:13 pm Picked up my Kel Tec P17 today. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I will.

It was a little bit bigger that I thought it would be. In fact it is about the size of my Ruger SR22. It is fractionally longer and taller and the grip is wider to accommodate the 16 round magazine. It is a lot more comfortable in my hand. While it is only slightly larger it is considerably lighter than the SR22. Besides the mag capacity (16 vs. 10 of the SR22} other differences include that it has single action internal hammer instead of double action hammer fired. The trigger on the P17 is very, very light. It also comes with fiber optic front and adjustable rear sight. Ambidextrous thumb safety and mag release and a threaded barrel, thread protector, adapter and wrench. The slide is very easy to rack. Included are 3 16 round mags. All for $100+ cheaper than the SR22. I'm kinda impressed with it. Could turn out to be the ultimate kit gun.

It was $180 out the door ($169.99 + tax) at Sportsman's Warehouse online for delivery to your local store.

If it works it should be a fun gun to use on my 22 range and to carry as a trail gun. Going to have to make a leather holster for it.

Sorry for the blurry photo

Went up to the hunting property today and shot my P17. Put 200 rounds through it without a glitch. It it very light weight and fun to shoot. I carried it around the property checking the trail cameras. I already like it better than my Ruger SR22 (which is now up for sale BTW). Going to buy another P17.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well, irony has a sense of humor it seems...

I was spoofing on Springfield Armory earlier in the thread (in a good natured way). I had tossed my 12g ammo on Armslist a couple/few weeks ago since I sold both of my shotguns but hadn't gotten any bites on it. Today I got two or three emails on it. Guy offered me a new S.A. XDS Mod 2 in 9mm with five mags, front night sight and a Veridian laser. The mags are 1x7 round, 3x8 round and 1x9 round. Front sight is a night sight with green outline. Came with the case and a zippered pouch that holds the pistol and two mags. I figured what the heck. I wanted to get rid of the ammo to make space for other ammo and since I had no use for it I said yes.

Don't know if I'll keep it and shoot it or trade it off for something else. It's literally an extra pistol that I really don't have a specific role for it to fill.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

New Glock parts installed! Great start to weekend...
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I just got the first little piece of a new project. Got a GunBroker auction ending in two days and then some tinkering. It should be a fun one😁
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Here we go - posts will be up all around here - but I'll link to my Glock Mod thread.

Mag extension and extended slide release...

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I picked up another MKII today for a project. It may take a while to complete with everyone shut down right now. Even my gunsmith is not working currently.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I sold my last Ruger SR22 last week and ordered another Keltec P17 from sportsman's warehouse today. Pick up is on March 31.

While I liked both my SR22s I always felt they were about $100+ too much for being plastic and alloy. They are IMO, a $200 gun that sells for over $300. The P17 is a $200 gun that sells for $180. It is about the same size as the SR22, is just as accurate and reliable and serves the same purpose. I sold the SR22s for what I paid used which was $100 more than the P17 cost new. Not to mention that the P17 comes with 3 16 round mags, fiber optic front sight and a threaded barrel w/adapter. Can't beat that with a stick.

The first P17 is my walk in the woods, plinker when I go to the cabin. The second one is a stay at home with momma gun.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:48 pm I sold my last Ruger SR22 last week and ordered another Keltec P17 from sportsman's warehouse today. Pick up is on March 31.

While I liked both my SR22s I always felt they were about $100+ too much for being plastic and alloy. They are IMO, a $200 gun that sells for over $300. The P17 is a $200 gun that sells for $180. It is about the same size as the SR22, is just as accurate and reliable and serves the same purpose. I sold the SR22s for what I paid used which was $100 more than the P17 cost new. Not to mention that the P17 comes with 3 16 round mags, fiber optic front sight and a threaded barrel w/adapter. Can't beat that with a stick.

The first P17 is my walk in the woods, plinker when I go to the cabin. The second one is a stay at home with momma gun.
I think you've found yourself a real gem. Inexpensive, great capacity and lots of options.

I probably need a .22 pistol, other than the LCP II in .22 I still haven't had the chance to fire yet.