What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2020

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Re: What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2020

Post by David »

Love the G23. Which they'd make in in Gen 5. I think I'd be all over that!

Good choice for a HD pistol in the G35 and yeah, that barrel length will really up the velocity on the 40 S&W.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

I met the goals. I have the tools, took the skills courses. Now, my goals are to: 1. get the USPO to pay for a package not delivered; and, 2. get the IRS to correct a refund - the clerk transposed a number. Considering that there is no IRS personnel available by phone the PO people are probably at home .. . They become my goals.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Went out to the farm over the weekend, serviced the equipment, getting things ready to have stuff planted.

At home we are doing some potting gardens, so I picked up 10 bags of soil and will get them going in about two weeks, should be beyond any frost by then.
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

Planted radishes, tomatoes and carrots. Today it is 67 degrees. It gives you an idea why the cherry tomatoes already planted will be ready to harvest in about 2 weeks. Received a cold steel srk-c today. company is closed for duration on shipping and is open on line for questions.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We bought some more planting soil and have our containers ready to go for planting here at the house.

Go tomorrow to look over a spot with the wife to see if she wants an area tilled up for sweet corn and/or potatoes. May spend some of that government checking getting a 70 inch garden bedder.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:52 am We bought some more planting soil and have our containers ready to go for planting here at the house.

Go tomorrow to look over a spot with the wife to see if she wants an area tilled up for sweet corn and/or potatoes. May spend some of that government checking getting a 70 inch garden bedder.
I'm gonna tell the Michigan Governor that your planting your own food, she will be most unhappy with you! :P
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

David wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:29 am
Bmyers wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:52 am We bought some more planting soil and have our containers ready to go for planting here at the house.

I'm gonna tell the Michigan Governor that your planting your own food, she will be most unhappy with you! :P
Tell her to come on down, I would like to have a few words with her. I thought JB was a little crazy, she takes the cake. The very thing we need to be doing is encouraging people to get outside, not in groups, but working in their yards, gardening, getting out in the sunlight and out of those enclosed houses.

We are getting ready to plant today now that online church is over.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I finished reloading my goal of 200 44 mags. I also have another 170 cases primed and ready to go. I may do 100 more just because I still have powder and bullets. I do need to do some more testing of those loads in my rifles.

But first I'm going to work on my 357s. Been loading and testing them in small batches both in my revolvers and single shot rifle. I have 100 loaded so far and 200 primed cases on standby ready to go. The goal is 300 with maybe another 50 or so for special purposes. Then will do some batches of 38 spls then 45acps. Then maybe for my 450 Bushmaster. Then perhaps my 30 Carbine. I've had 30 Carb dies and bullets for 25+ years and never found time to reload. Then some hunting loads for my 308s. I would like to get dies for my 350 Legend as well.

Also spent most of the last several weeks working on the wood pile on my property. Just bought a chain saw blade sharpener. As soon as the funeral for my dad is over I'll be back up there. We hopefully will break ground on the new house in May.

Speaking of the new house. That is the ultimate prepping goal. Build a year round home on the property and move up there.

Edited to add...I now have 200 357s loaded. I also loaded some light 38 spls to test for the ladies to shoot when we do their class.

And...I added another 50 rounds of 44 mag to the pile last night.
Last edited by Mac66 on Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

I came across an Ontario Mark3 knife in inventory. This is the issue knife to Navy Seals at one time. First, I destroyed a Spec-Ops sheath in modifications. :oops: Secondly, I improved the issue sheath by cutting off the old style metal attachment for the web belt. Removed the non comprehensible shoelaces. :roll: Modified the knife to accept 3mm cord (550 cord is 4mm thick). Waiting for more more 3mm cord and then will modify the sheath.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We got beans, carrots, tomatoes, peas, and potatoes planted.