Preparations for October-November

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Preparations for October-November

Post by Bob »

I watched the "10 Preps to make" vid - was not impressed. Those are 10 preps to make all the time.

That said - I pick up a little of whatever it is I don't think I'll need when at the store every time I go...I'm thinking my area will be fairly calm. But, no doubt I plan on staying on top of things.

Will definitely be voting!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

The countdown to election day is ticking off rather quick.

On the plus side the usual suspect Hollywood clowns are threatening to leave the country when Trump is re-elected. Of course, some of those folks may well be arrested so either way is a win-win.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Trump and Biden have ruined YouTube....should have saw that coming.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

How have they ruined YT?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

My guess, he is referring to all the advertisements.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

You got it. Can't watch a tiny house vid, a gun vid, or even a death of Van Halen vid or anything without their faces spewing campaign BS all over the place.

I'm not sure if I get hammered twice as bad by both because the "algorithm" thinks Libertarians are independent or what.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

That said, I have to say - one of the funniest pieces of propaganda I saw was one where Dems were saying Trump's Army of far right extremists were coming armed to get you. The ex was rambling about all of Trump's White Supremicists too. Now - I tend to avoid and stay aware of extreme anything...

I have seen a LOT of liberal riots, takeovers, destruction etc. Can't say I have seen any from the right at all.
In fact, the only time/places it seems that "Trump's Nazi Militia" shows up is in the face of riots/destruction by the left.
I couldn't find a Klan rally or a Proud Boys jamboree to save my life.
I'm sure I can find an Antifa / BLM mess right now if I want to attend.

And I don't want any of the groups in my town, in my neighborhood, in my development, and certainly not on my lawn!

Which brings us to just over 2 weeks left!
- Corona "surge" messages going around
- Political ads heating up

I am stocked and good to hunker down if needed. Doubt it will be necessary, but win't be surprised if it is. Day to day life/work/groceries/entertainment just doesn't take me in the vicinity of any of the usual targets of said foolishness. More than easy enough to be aware.

But as always - best policy/tactic is often-usually just "don't go out" which I am fully prepared to NOT do!
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Here is the message our Governor put out yesterday, guessing more lockdowns are coming:

Illinois appears to be heading toward a new coronavirus wave — with major indicators such as positivity rates, hospitalizations and deaths all heading in the “wrong” direction, according to Gov. J.B. Pritzker.

Pritzker held a press conference in Carbondale Monday to discuss the virus.

“Here in Illinois it looks like a new wave could be upon us,” he said. “Things have changed. Every region of this state has started to move in the wrong direction.”

He said Region 5, which includes Southern Illinois, has hit the “fail safe metric” of a rolling positivity rate of 8 percent or higher. On Thursday the region will move to increased mitigation efforts, including the prohibition of indoor dining in bars and restaurants and reducing meeting sizes to 25 persons or fewer.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

And here is why you just really shouldn't support any so called leaders any more:

15 people can't eat in a Mcdonalds
24 people can meet somewhere

We are doomed as a nation, a people, a species....Meanwhile - all of the people (or at least a whole freaking lot) are all obese, vitamin deficient, and likely 75+ yrs old in a nursing home.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Fortunately it's all coming to a head very soon...