Hurricane season 2020 is upon us...

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Hurricane season 2020 is upon us...

Post by Bmyers »

The storms just keep coming.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

That same area keeps getting whacked :(
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

You might think people would eventually get the message that it is a dangerous place and low lying land and move away...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well, we have a Cat 1 coming in now. Forecast to drop back to a TS tonight and make landfall north of the Tampa Bay area in the morning. Started raining off and on yesterday as the outer bands approached.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

2020 just keeps giving and giving and giving................
David
Administrator

Post by David »

TS is passing us now to the west. Lot of rain and wind with occasional gusts. Very blessed it remained weak.

bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

You might think people would eventually get the message that it is a dangerous place and low lying land and move away...

My dad lived in what I called a tornado alley. I have Louisiana property "protected" by the dike systems or I would be in trouble. I live in earthquake country.

The real question is why people in Central America put up with corrupt governments that cannot seem to anticipate the annual hurricanes and store some provisions for the poor people.

The next question is why people wait until the highways are loaded before moving out? Why does it have to be every year people deciding at the last moment that maybe they need some stored water, stored food and/or stored fuel? The answer is . . . drum roll . . . people generally do not think ahead.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Why BD? We don't hold them accountable for bad decisions. They can still get insurance (government forced) and they can still declare bankruptcy because of losses....
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Covid is old news. election is pretty chill at the moment. News needed a disaster to fluff up and ruffle feather / incite fear.

Saw a rood off a mobile home. probably 10,000 mobile homes in the area. 1 dilapidated roof blew off. "Look at the DESTRUCTION!!!!"
[tight shot only showing the wrecked roof - not the dozens of homes around just fine...]