Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by David »

Carried the P365 in that new IWB holster all day with zero issues. Very happy about that. As much as I like the LCP, given the option I'll take the P365. So now that I know it's pretty nearly as comfortable it gives me some better options.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Gnepig wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:51 pm The sights are flat out- no life left in them, I will have to replace them also (if I want them to glo). I am excited to go shoot this one.

$400 bucks for a full sized Glock in 45acp is an awesome deal- ever since I seen Daves post about it I couldn't think about anything else!..
Other than the 3 G21's They didn't have any other police trade-ins left when we were there this past Monday.

Altho there ammo prices are kinda high they had some, also had a lot of guns.
SCT is a cool place, I will be going back.
Have you replaced the sights? Have you had a chance to shoot it?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Saw this on a local BST site. I've enjoyed my G35 so much, with both the 40 S&W and 9mm barrels, that I decided to pick up the G34. Gen 4 and came with three 17-round mags and two FDE 33-round fun sticks. All OEM. Just the faintest smiley on the barrel. Looks like it has been shot very little. I'll need to vet it and toss on some night sights and it will be GTG.

So now, the smallest Glocks I own are the 19X/G45 size. I have come to prefer the larger Glocks for the roles I've chosen for them i.e. night stand and HD.

If this one shakes out fine it may become my new night stand pistol with one of the 19X 19-round mags.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

With the medium beaver tail.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Nice new toy.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:12 amNice new toy.
I think it might make a good night stand pistol. But I don't think it will fit in the pistol safe I'm using for the 19X. Haven't tried it, but can't see it working. So I'll have to put some thought into what I could do instead.

Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

David wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:23 am
Gnepig wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:51 pm The sights are flat out- no life left in them, I will have to replace them also (if I want them to glo). I am excited to go shoot this one.

$400 bucks for a full sized Glock in 45acp is an awesome deal- ever since I seen Daves post about it I couldn't think about anything else!..
Other than the 3 G21's They didn't have any other police trade-ins left when we were there this past Monday.

Altho there ammo prices are kinda high they had some, also had a lot of guns.
SCT is a cool place, I will be going back.
Have you replaced the sights? Have you had a chance to shoot it?
I have not even shot it yet, work has been crazy. Thanx for reminding me that I even have it- I will try to make it to the range soon.

That is a cool G35 with the fun sticks, the color is awesome. How does it shoot?..
... Just a Dude...
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

I didn't think that the X mags interchanged with the regular Glocks...
... Just a Dude...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Gnepig wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:12 am I didn't think that the X mags interchanged with the regular Glocks...
The 19X mags will shoot in any 9mm Glock regardless of generation. However, Gen 5 G17 mags won’t fit in the 19X because the baseplate of the mag won’t get passed the lip on the 19X. Change the baseplate and they’ll fit fine.

One of the slight reasons the G45 is superior to the 19X because the G45 doesn’t have that lip and will take any generation of Glock mag.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

David wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:29 pm Image
Put on my Truglo night sights this afternoon. Gotta say it's actually a joy to install Glock sights. Very easy on/off. And I really like the Truglo sights, very bright. So now I need to take the G34 to the range to vet it. If all goes well it will become my new night stand pistol. Likely with the 19X FDE 19 round mag. So I'll have 20 rounds on tap in a barrel that is 5.3 inches long. I'll put on one of my WML and it will be GTG.