Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:22 pm What are you loading it up with in the gun/one the stock?
I carry 10 buck shot, 5 slugs and 5 birdshot though the 3 green ones presently shown in the pic are 3" magnum #4 turkey loads. I patterned a couple of them the last time just to see if I could use it for turkey hunting. Those 3" mags are brutal to shoot.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:29 pm
David wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:22 pm What are you loading it up with in the gun/one the stock?
I carry 10 buck shot, 5 slugs and 5 birdshot though the 3 green ones presently shown in the pic are 3" magnum #4 turkey loads. I patterned a couple of them the last time just to see if I could use it for turkey hunting. Those 3" mags are brutal to shoot.
That's a good spread that would do well regardless of the situation.

I miss having a shotgun and the variety of situations it would cover. I had a couple (Mossy 500 and Rem 870) nicely set up. But felt it was best to pass them along rather than keeping them and shooting them. Maybe a bit over protective in this area but better safe than sorry I suppose.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

David wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:20 pm Plans are to get a 9mm conversion barrel as well as a 357sig barrel for it to make it a 3-N-1 pistol.
Found a 9mm conversion barrel online at a good price. Suppose to be from a company that use to make barrels for Lone Wolf. It arrived yesterday. Unmarked. Dropped in without issue. I hand cycled several types of hollowpoints to check for function and they all cycled fine. So I'll vet it at the range, hopefully on Monday. If all goes well this will give me a 2-n-1 pistol. And the G35 might even see a role in HD with the 9mm barrel.

Saw Truglo night sights for a really good price on Amazon so I ordered and received them. Nice and bright. I can put the front sights on but my site pusher is packed away for the move. So I'm hoping I can get a hold of my buddy that is an armorer at my former agency to see if he'll put them on.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Someday maybe I'll get a .357 Sig for my race Glock.

But - tonight I went with a classy holster for my classy browning HP

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Nice looking holster. I forget, do you have a 9mm conversion barrel for your G23?

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I do have a 9mm in the Glock as it's standard. I put my Browning HP (1976) in that leather though!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:16 pm I do have a 9mm in the Glock as it's standard.
Okay, then yep, the 357sig is the next step. Just something about a 3-n-1 gun for a prep. A 357sig barrel will be the next step for the G35.

tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Bob wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:14 pm But - tonight I went with a classy holster for my classy browning HP

Looks like a classic Safari land ...very nice Galco
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Since we're talking holsters...

I just ordered this off Amazon. From the same company that made the IWB holster I'm using for my LCP Max. That holster has been great so for $12 I thought I'd try it with my P365. Has the same ability to cant 20 degrees as the Max holster.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D6 ... UTF8&psc=1

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Receive the above holster today. Earlier than scheduled which was nice.

Very similar to the holster I bought for the LCP which I like. I took the TLR-6 off of the P365 since I'm looking for as small of a footprint for that pistol as possible, similar to the LCP. I start testing it out tomorrow and see how it does compared to the LCP. I very much like the LCP but if the P365 feels the same then I'll opt for that most of time.