Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by Ronin.45 »

Upgrades are starting on the Tippmann.
https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/tippm ... t-30487017
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I have a fourth Glock 19X on the way. A GT member and I started chatting about a trade last month. He was interested in my HK P2000. Last week he made an offer for it with his 19X, couple of extra mags and some $ that I couldn't pass up. I very much liked the P2000 and it was very comfortable to shoot. But it was simply sitting in the box unused for the most part. Mostly because if I carry an HK it's the USPc. And I could always use another 19X for HD as it's compatible with the other HD 19X's. So I accepted the trade. My P2000 is on it's way to him and vice versa. I would imagine early next week it will arrive and I'll go pick it up from my FFL.

And I figure if Glock ever does fully discontinue the 19X they're be worth 10K each in the next panic :lol:

On a serious note, according to Glock when I spoke with them late last year, the 19X was not officially discontinued but was not longer being produced for retail sales. Only for BL. So what was already in the pipeline was it, at least for now, for retail sales. What does that mean in the long run? Don't know. Glock may decide to start running them again for retail (and they've been popular enough to justify continuing them). But who knows? As it is the value certainly isn't going down on them.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Shot the Tippmann for the first time tonight. Loving it so far. That Hyperfire is fantastic. Got a 12" keymod rail off a buddy for cheap so I'll be upgrading that soon. Still need a buttstock and then I'll be pretty much done. I may put a cheap brake on it, but that'll be pure cosmetics on a rimfire. Never cared for the look of a birdcage.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I received the new holster I ordered for my P365XL. This is the third I've had to order. The first fit fine, but the back end of it stuck out from my belt about an inch. Continually caught on things when I sat down. The second was great as far as how it felt on the belt, but the pistol moved back and forth in the holster which is never a good thing. The new one came in just a bit ago. So far it has neither of the above issues. Fits close to the body, tight fit on the pistol but still easy to draw. I think we have a winner.

More importantly...the FDE of the holster matches the FDE of my mag holder :mrgreen:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I picked up my new Taurus TX22s today. Haven't shot them yet but they look solid. I was surprised how big they were, same size as a full size 9mm. My other 22s, i.e, Ruger SR22 and Keltec P17 are smaller and lighter, kind of like 5/8 or 3/4 size.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Mac66 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:26 pm I picked up my new Taurus TX22s today. Haven't shot them yet but they look solid. I was surprised how big they were, same size as a full size 9mm. My other 22s, i.e, Ruger SR22 and Keltec P17 are smaller and lighter, kind of like 5/8 or 3/4 size.
The large size is one of the things I like about it. Fits my big hand better than most polymer rimfires.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Ronin.45 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:01 pm
Mac66 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:26 pm I picked up my new Taurus TX22s today. Haven't shot them yet but they look solid. I was surprised how big they were, same size as a full size 9mm. My other 22s, i.e, Ruger SR22 and Keltec P17 are smaller and lighter, kind of like 5/8 or 3/4 size.
The large size is one of the things I like about it. Fits my big hand better than most polymer rimfires.
I guess I just didn't realize it was full size gun. That's good because I intend to use them for training students and a full size gun is more like what they are likely to have.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them after you shoot them. The reviews are generally very favorable, even saying it's better than it's Glock 44 counterpart.

I'm looking forward to my wife actually trying it out.

Mac66
Board Founder

Taurus TX22

Post by Mac66 »

I haven't shot it yet, hopefully I'll get up to the new house this week.

(My mother and FIL both having medical issues this week which prevents me from going up to the new house indefinitely. Won't get a chance to try out the Taurus for awhile)

I did go to handgun hero and compared it with several guns including my Keltec P17, and my XD9. Size wise, it's the same size as my XD9 though not as heavy. The XD weighs 10 ozs more than the Taurus.

The Taurus on paper is only marginally larger than the P17 but the P17 seems a lot smaller. The grip is thinner and it weighs 6 oz less. The TX22 feels like a full size pistol (it is), the P17 feels like a 3/4 size pistol.

I think from the size standpoint the TX22 better emulates a service pistol for training purposes. Although the P17 has been and will be used for training it is probably best suited as a trail/kit gun.

I kinda wished I'd kept one of my Ruger SR22s if not just for comparison. The SR22 was only marginally bigger than the P17, closer to the TX22, it was heavier than the P17. It was also double action as opposed to the striker fired TX and internal hammer fired P17. I much prefer the TX and P triggers. I liked everything about the P17 better (capacity, trigger, sights, weight, grip feel, threaded barrel) than the SR22 including the price. So maybe I'm not sorry I sold it.
Last edited by Mac66 on Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I picked up the new (used) Glock 19X this afternoon. Did a trade with a member of GT I've been chatting with. He made me an offer I just couldn't turn down. This makes the fourth 19X for me.

Arrived with a total of 5 mags. Two 19-rounders and three 17-rounders.

I 'may' feel like carrying it from time to time but really it's just going to be added to the HD role which gives me commonality between all the HD pistols. That's more for my wife than anything. I don't particularly need it right now but when I move to the new house it will be needed as the new house is much larger with more rooms. So the additional coverage will be necessary.