Sig thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Horskinator

Re: Sig thread

Post by Horskinator »

David wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:54 pm
Horskinator wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:04 pm V3 $400 Box 3 mags
Great deal, hope you can jump on it!
Me too. It is all depends on if it sold already. I am waiting on a call back.
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

No dice on the HK but did get this....
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Sorry the HK didn't work out, that was a great price. Nice M18 though. Enjoy :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

Being that I live in NH I have decided to finally get training, so I am going to Sig Academy on Friday. I have shot with many LEO's and that is where I have learned most of what I do. I should have done this sooner but time, family, and money always found a way to make it hard to do. I am looking forward to the experience and hope to pick up new things along the way. The good news as well is the course will cover the MA requirement for CCW.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Horskinator wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:51 am Being that I live in NH I have decided to finally get training, so I am going to Sig Academy on Friday. I have shot with many LEO's and that is where I have learned most of what I do. I should have done this sooner but time, family, and money always found a way to make it hard to do. I am looking forward to the experience and hope to pick up new things along the way. The good news as well is the course will cover the MA requirement for CCW.
That's great!

How long is the course? Did they give you an idea of what will be covered and how many rounds you'll need? And getting your CCW is a great positive step.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

David wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:49 am
Horskinator wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:51 am Being that I live in NH I have decided to finally get training, so I am going to Sig Academy on Friday. I have shot with many LEO's and that is where I have learned most of what I do. I should have done this sooner but time, family, and money always found a way to make it hard to do. I am looking forward to the experience and hope to pick up new things along the way. The good news as well is the course will cover the MA requirement for CCW.
That's great!

How long is the course? Did they give you an idea of what will be covered and how many rounds you'll need? And getting your CCW is a great positive step.
David, I already have my NH CCW but want to possibly expand in to MA so I figured this will be a good idea. They will cover MA laws and it is a basic pistol orientation course that runs from 0830-1700. Due to the course it includes ammo and did not give a round count to expect as it is using their weapons only. Not allowed to use outside weapons. It is their Handgun 101 course. I probably could have done 102 but am a sticker for going through the motions and proper progressions. It also will give me a feel as to how they train as I do the pricier courses.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Do NH and MA recognize each others CCW? IIRC, Florida is recognized by around 39 other states.

Smart idea of going through the courses in order. Extra trigger time is never a bad idea.

Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

David, the Communist MA does not recognize NH. I am land locked because of MA, CT, and NY. I think NH is good in 14 or so States including FL.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Perhaps one day someone will file and win a class action suit for nationwide Constitutional carry. Kinda like what the Constitution plainly states. Too bad we don't have a national firearm's association with lots of money in the coffers to file that lawsuit....

Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

The course at SIG was fantastic and I am already getting ready to take a second course. I will say I took my M18 out today and it is definitely shooting to the left so I will have to drift the front sight a little bit. The M17 was spot on and if I shot better the thing would drive tacks. I am going to need to reload more bullets soon as I am putting a fair amount down range right now.